Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
A special place for the moaning.

TOPIC: Negative Fans

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5265

• Bury Ram
  • Thank you received: 2
7 players from the 2nd team sheet are still at the club.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5266

• Robbie
We have an enthusiastic management team who are doing their best to get this squad up to scratch, including signing four new players as we speak!

Bury Ram, Thornton and Joel - God knows we've heard what you think about the current situation, but you're not offering any solutions. Tell us what you would like done.

Continuing to vomit the same diatribe onto this forum is just driving us all mad, so how about canning it?
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Robbie.

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5267

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
One easy solution to all this....

SHUT THE FORUM !

Or failing that just close the rather monotonous repetative topics.

Simples.

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5268

• Robbie
We can't shut the forum just cos of a couple of whingers.

They have their opinions and are entitled to voice them. I just wish they'd stick to doing it the once instead of harping on like some kind of stuck record without offering some kind of solution.

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5269

• Robbie
Saturday's Supporters Club Column from the programme:

Like it or not - and I know there are a good number who choose the latter - we find ourselves Ramsbottom United supporters, and for me that requires a few things of us.

We all jumped up and down and clapped and cheered when our team won all those games over the last few years, and rode on the shoulders of Johnno, Bernard and their excellent squad of players while they took the Northwest Counties and then Evostik First Division North by storm. We had a great time, and turned out in pretty decent numbers to watch and support our team. The going was easy, and we had a fantastic five years... and then...

...and then we know what happened, we know it all too well. The results went to pieces, the performances became pretty awful, and the journeymen supporters, who’d jumped on the bandwagon, began to wander off back to the Trafford Centre or watching Everton on BT Sports, or whatever else they get up to.

And what do we have left? Me, you, him over there, that’s what we have left. There really aren’t that many of us at all, and what we have is split into two very distinct camps.

Camp One is ‘The Moaners’. The miserable sods who think that a club such as Rammy ought to be banging in goals for fun every week, with a team of top-class players who didn’t quite break through into United’s first team and have come to ply their trade for next-to-nowt at our ‘Tiny Team’. These are the supporters who stand on the touchline hurling abuse at the lads who, although perhaps not the best in this league, are willing to give it a go. These are the supporters who shout about letting the side down, about players not being fit to wear the badge, or lacking in commitment - the self-same ‘supporters’ who the majority of us find an embarassment to the name of Ramsbottom United, who themselves are almost the epitomy of their accusations of the players. Their contribution at this club is worse than those who’ve just wandered off - much worse! These are the people who kick our players and management when they’re already on their knees. These are the so-called supporters whose attitude would see this club relegated!

We KNOW what is wrong, we can all see it, and we’ve all been attending football matches for as long as you have, and paying as much as you have. We all know! Robbo knows as he runs around like a maniac trying to make signings to bolster our defence, and Edgy knows when he’s sitting in a dark room, head in hands. Shenton knows when he mis-times a kick and watches the ball fall for a striker to side-foot home, and Shelton Payne knows when he decides to call it a day with football. We don’t need you shouting in our ear to know that Rammy United is in trouble, and that shouting isn’t helping anyone. Maybe it’s making you feel better, but I seriously doubt that too!

Thankfully, we have Camp Two, which is ‘The Supporters’. These people are watching the same game as The Moaners, and looking at the same league table. They’re seeing the same Rammy concede three goals in the first twenty minutes at Workington, and are also wondering where the goals and the points are going to come from. The big difference is that, although fully aware of where the problems are and what needs fixing, they are willing to give that team of Rammy players 100% support for the full ninety minutes on the pitch, and continue that support off it! These people are the real supporters of this club, the ones who will do their damndest to try and help keep this club in the Evostik Premier. These are the supporters who will help our players up off their knees and back onto their feet. It’s easy to bang the drum and clap and cheer when your team is winning everything, but how much more difficult, and how much more satisfying is it when that support HELPS your team to find its confidence and find those elusive goals?

Now we’re not talking about rose-tinted glasses, or finding positives when all hope has departed. These supporters aren’t imbeciles, as some on the forum would like to believe. They are as realistic as anyone, and share that same awful feeling driving home from the horrible defeats, but they aren’t willing to throw themselves on their swords or shout expletives like some kind of spoilt child who’s had their toys taken away!

You know if you’re in Camp One or Camp Two or, as I confess that I am, somewhere inbetween, and if you question your loyalties and your motives then deep down you know that you would love to see Robbo, Edgy and Wayne get this club back on the rails.

So how about we all grow up? It’s easy to slag off Grant Spencer for being lazy - I know I have. It’s easy to shout at Dominic whose head drops when he loses the ball, or Grant Shenton if he makes a silly mistake. It’s much more difficult to be big enough to put your dummy back in, reach down into your gut and find a word of encouragement for someone who is having an awful game. If you find the will to do that then you have the right to call yourself a real football fan, and have the right to be on the front seat of the bandwagon when it finally starts rolling once again.

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5270

• Paramedic
  • Thank you received: 26
^^^^^^^The Best Post/Column Ever^^^^^^^

Hits the nail on the head and also hammers it into the wall.............

I'm in camp 2 BTW if you didn't already know! :cheer:

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5271

• im awesome
People who know me will know I'm in camp 2. But, to be honest if the negativity continues from the usual suspects I might just quit the forum, its boring! :(
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by im awesome.

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5272

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
image_2015-09-02-2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5273

• thornton
  • Thank you received: 2
Boris's Dad?!! No. I think Mrs Thornton would have something to say if I was !!Robbie wrote:
thornton wrote:
I believe we have players there who can pull us out of this sticky patch but they are either not being used at all or being used in the wrong positions and at any club that is down to the manager to manage it!!

If you're not Boris's dad then please say, because you're getting him a really bad name and it's not doing Boris any good.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by thornton.

Negative Fans 4 years 10 months ago #5274

• Joel
  • Thank you received: 15
I spent about half an hour typing a reply to Robbie and then my session expired and I lost what I wrote, but here were my main points:

- It's wrong to tar those of us that don't believe the current backroom staff and management team have what it takes to keep the club in this division, with the same brush of those that shout mindless abuse from the sidelines. We just want what is best for our club.

-The current squad is more than good enough to stay in this division, so Robbo and co. have done a good job in terms of recruitment. BUT:

-It's hard to have faith when there have been literally zero signs of improvement since day one of this ordeal

-We are at the highest level that Rammy has ever been at and at this level experience is absolutely vital. It's okay to go on about how Jonno and Bernard were nothing (in terms of management) when they first took charge, but that was at a level where it was okay to experiment. Rammy, now, is definitely not an experiment. We are not far at all from rubbing shoulders with professional clubs and stability is needed. An experienced and seasoned manager with good man management and ability to motivate would bring that.

Also it's interesting to note that still no one has answered my original question with a valid response.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Joel.
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds