Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mark Fell has left the club

Mark Fell has left the club 7 months 2 weeks ago #10531

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
There's no doubt that Mark Fell by taking on the role of Manager at Lancaster City has firmly put himself under the Non-League spotlight. Lancaster have been on a downward spiral and are currently at the bottom of the Premier Division. What the Rammy fans will soon find out is whether or not Mark Fell really has the tactical skills to reverse Lancaster's fortunes and get them back up to at least mid-table respectability. Only time will tell. However, if Mark fails the test at Lancaster, then there's every chance we'll see him next season at The Riverside as Lancaster would drop back into Div 1 West. If that came to pass, then I'm sure we would get a bumper gate of Rammy fans [ 350+ ] turning out to wish him well or something like that !
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mark Fell has left the club 7 months 2 weeks ago #10532

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Far be it from me to stick up for our former Manager, as I'm as glad as anybody to see the back of him, unimaginative football & players who had stopped listening aren't a recipe for success in my opinion.
However, the 10 match winning streak mentioned in the Lancaster City post wasn't a quote from Fell, it was a claim made by whoever wrote the article (presumably not Fell?)
I don't dispute many of the other accusations levelled @ him by loyal Rams followers but he hasn't claimed a 10 match winning streak.
The same article claims that the Rams progressed under his stewardship, that is absolute nonsense!!!

Mark Fell has left the club 7 months 2 weeks ago #10533

• Rammy Blue
  • Thank you received: 4
Fair comment - you are absolutely right Brox Blue.
However, I guess part of me (the cynical old git part to be precise) wonders whether the article was based on claims made by Mr Fell in his CV or during interview.
Of course I will be first to apologise sincerely for my misplaced comments if / when the article is corrected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BroxBlue

Mark Fell has left the club 7 months 2 weeks ago #10537

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 67
His longest unbeaten run was 5 games - 30 December 2016 to 21st January 2017.
Won 1-0 v Kendal Town (H)
Drew 1-1 v Ossett Town (A)
Drew 1-1 v Droylsden (A)
Won 1-0 v Bamber Bridge (H)
Won 2-1 v Colwyn Bay (A)
Those results were flanked by a 1-2 defeat to Radcliffe on Boxing Day (that saw Fildes leave) and the 0-3 loss at Colne at the end of January.

That's it! If this is what he included in his interview, then maybe Lancaster City FC need to do their research ..... it's not hard, all the results are on our website!

As sole manager of Ramsbottom United, Mark Fell managed 72 league matches and won 26 with 13 draws and 33 defeats, this is a win percentage of 36% and 18% draws. Add it up yourself, folks, that's 46% losing rate.

Good luck Lancaster City ..... you'll need it!

Mark Fell has left the club 7 months 2 weeks ago #10539

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Excellent stuff from Richard. Good to get the real facts. I've noticed that Mark Fell's first game in charge at Lancaster is a home fixture against newly promoted Basford United who are currently riding high in 2nd spot in the Premier Division.
Don't wish Mark Fell any ill , but this game has the capacity to be a baptism of fire, although Basford's away record is poor 1W 0D 4L. It won't take long to find out his tactical nous.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds