Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 2 weeks 9 hours ago #10625

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 184
The club will be running a coach to the FA Trophy game on November 10th. Bookings can be made in the usual way and I'm assuming the price will be the usual £12

Not sure who we'll be playing yet, but the FA could do with pulling their fingers out in making a decision about the ineligible player fielded by Kidsgrove in the previous round.

All aboard the Rammy Rocket :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony, The Devils Guard

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 2 weeks 7 hours ago #10626

• The Devils Guard
  • Thank you received: 9
Thank's Daz, I hope to be on the Rammy Rocket I hopefully be fit enough by then to take the trek to the ground. Yes I am happy with the changes going on, on the footballing side I will be glad to be back with the family crew up The Rams. Terry M. :evil:

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 6 days ago #10627

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
A bit of a ' no brainer ' this one, as in competitions at this level being FA Cup and Trophy, the home team pay the away team's travelling expenses or at least go halfway towards the cost. A big decision from the powers that be to actually postpone the Kidsgrove -v- Yaxley fixture, so can only presume that Kidsgrove have messed up administration-wise in registering a player. Presume also they'll forfeit the prize money also, so could prove an expensive fuck up !
Also, I've never read anywhere that all this relates to ' the ' previous game , as the League itself refer to ' a ' previous tie, so this could turn out to involve Coleshill Town.
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Hackers.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 3 days ago #10632

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 184
Yaxley v Wisbech will be played this Tuesday, so we will be playing the winner of that game next Saturday with Kidsgrove now out of the equation. However, if the game is drawn I'm assuming they would probably have a replay next Saturday. Can anyone confirm this ?

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 2 days ago #10637

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Yes Mr Darkside, they do replay 10th November and we play the winners 13th.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 2 days ago #10639

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Mmmmm. Rammy fans tell me that Wisbech is even further away than Yaxley !
The Rams are an innocent party in all of this and should not be set at a disadvantage before the game even kicks-off. To be forced to travel such distances on a Tuesday night should a replay occur is effectively to penalise The Rams for something completely beyond our control. Also I understand that Kidsgrove have lodged an appeal

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 2 days ago #10641

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
Better be quick, only 48 hours before Wisbech and Yaxley play. Wisbech and Yaxley are roughly about 45 minutes apart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 17 hours ago #10646

• BroxBlue
  • Thank you received: 16
I’ve just got the below response after texting the Wisbech Town Sec asking if tonight's tie would be played to a conclusion.
Hi Mark. No, there's the possibility of a replay which would take place on Saturday at Yaxley. If this happens then I'm afraid the FA have stipulated that Ramsbottom will have to travel to the winners next Tuesday 13/11. Any replay resulting from that game would be played the following Tuesday (20/11). Not ideal circumstances so if I were you I'd hope for a positive result tonight!
I thanked him for his speedy response & told him we all have everything crossed!
Last Edit: 1 week 16 hours ago by BroxBlue. Reason: spelling/grammar!!

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 17 hours ago #10647

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Yes, let's hope for a result tonight.
We've lodged an objection with the FA suggesting that if the result is level at 90 minutes, then extra time, and if needed, penalties should ensue.
Alas, in their wisdom, the FA have said "No". Therefore, if tonight's game ends in a draw, we will need to make the long journey down next Tuesday.
Most unacceptable.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 1 week 15 hours ago #10649

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
Agree with you totally on this one Tony.
Common sense and the FA are poles apart! They are clueless about the trials and tribulations of the Non League set up. I've seen the FA at close quarters at a player tribunal. God almighty, a couple of them looked as if they'd just been dug up and a brush steel inserted keeping them upright. They came over as condescending old farts.
I'll be going whenever they play, but again, players have to take time off work, supporters' will also need time off, both sets possibly losing pay. I'm fortunate being retired, I can do as I wish, others can't. A Tuesday evening match for either Wisbech or Yaxley will result in a lower crowd than expected crowd. And all because of another clubs misdemeanour. Talk about justice.
I sincerely hope we get a straight result and are able to play Saturday.
Off to Blackpool now. Good luck to the Rams at Prescot Cables this evening.
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds