Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 5 days ago #10669

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Set your sat-nav's to Yaxley. A good outcome from a Rammy fans travelling perspective, as must be closer than Wisbech Town.

COYR
Last Edit: 8 months 5 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 5 days ago #10670

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
You are right "Hackers". Yaxley much more convenient than Wisbech.
At the moment, I am not "cleared" to travel (but trying). However Edna's well-being comes first
Note: After Tuesday nights' games, Rammy could be the only team from the West division still left in the FA Trophy. (Prescot Cables lost today and Newcastle have a very difficult replay at Workington)
I'll try to get there but unlikely.
Nevertheless - COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 4 days ago #10671

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
The kick-off time on the Evo Stik site is 1945 (7.45pm).
Clarification required. (On our website - Next Match).
The FA site has 2000 (8pm) so I guess that's what it is!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by johnharryayers. Reason: more info

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 4 days ago #10675

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Tony has messaged the league to ask for it to be changed to 8pm on the site.
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by Little Katie.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 2 days ago #10683

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
Hats off to all those intrepid Rams currently making their way down to deepest, darkest Yaxley. Wish I was with you, and feels weird not to be making my way to a Rammy game :( , and let's hope we get a result to reward all your efforts.

If you can't make it tonight, you can join me and an ex Ramsbottom United left footed legend over at Heywood Sports Village to watch the Under 21 against Horwich RMI in the County Cup Quarter Final

Come On You Rams .................Come On You Lambs :woohoo:

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 2 days ago #10684

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Well...

A good performance all in all. Again, we created chances, especially in the 2nd half where I really felt we could’ve won the game in the last 20 minutes. Having said that Yaxley weren’t a bad side either, some decent pace up front - still back us to do well in the replay though. Big shout out to everyone who travelled great support from us all tonight. Two big games ahead. COYR.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 1 day ago #10685

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
An excellent result and well done to the players for keeping our FA Trophy dreams alive despite a long, midweek journey.

A big thanks to Little Katie for keeping us informed, via Twitter, and a special personal thanks from me to Killie Craig for his regular updates. I was with Tony Cunningham for the Second Half of the Under 21s fixture tonight and must admit we didn't see much of the last 20 minutes of that game as we were glued to our phones and having a bit of dance when we equalised. For the record, the Under 21s put in a stunning performance to beat Horwich RMI 5-1, and it could have been more, to march on into the Semi Finals of the LFA County Cup.

A safe trip home to you all and, despite my absence, making me realise why I love this club :cheer:

Yoooou Raaaaams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoooou Laaaambs !!!!!!!!!!

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 1 day ago #10686

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I was stood with Frank the Jacket for most of the game, and being 1 - 0 down at half-time we both agreed we'd settle for a draw there and then and that's just what we got. Pretty sure The Rams had the greater possession overall, but found it difficult to master the 3G playing surface with through balls going forward being over-hit and not weighted for the fast playing pitch.
However, having said that a great team effort from the lads to get us the replay.

COYR
Last Edit: 8 months 1 day ago by Hackers.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 1 day ago #10687

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Agreed, we could and should have won in the final minute. Had we played the simple pass instead a an intricate passing move we would have taken the chance. Having said that, our 2nd half showing was much better and we showed Yaxley what we could do.
Yaxley were hospitable and friendly hosts, making us feel welcome.
All things said, a great result and a trip to Pickering on offer.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 8 months 7 hours ago #10692

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Let's keep this thread for the Yaxley replay next Tuesday and not create a duplicate topic.
Won't be long now b4 Yaxley have to make the big trip ' up north '. I'm sure we all wish them safe travel and will give them a warm welcome as they gave us. A nice set of folk down at Yaxley and seemed genuinely interested about our long journey down and which road route we took. One of the Yaxley fans praised us for being ' a good footballing team '.
As for the replay itself, I'll be glad we're not playing on an artificial playing surface which seemed to me to benefit Yaxley as they must play on it every other week. So with home advantage now, and on our grass pitch, and the long travel up to The Riverside for them, I think The Rams have ' the edge ' and makes us favourites to win, extra time, penalties or not. However, we mustn't underestimate them, as they are a pacy side which set off like a house on fire at their place, and hope this time around it's The Rams who need to start off on the front foot and keep it going for the full ninety. That should be enough to take us to Pickering Town.

COYR
Last Edit: 8 months 6 hours ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds