Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10698

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
More than surprised to see Yaxley get beat 6 - 1 away at Kidlington yesterday [ Sat 17 Nov ] in front of a crowd of just 50.
As regards the talk that not all their first-teamers can make Rammy on Tuesday, I think we need to take with a pinch of salt. Although this talk seemed genuine whilst down at Yaxley, I would find it hard to believe that in a one off Cup-Tie like this that employers wouldn't release staff early to make the long journey up north. Am expecting a full strength squad to arrive.

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10700

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Hope the news about The Rams unbeaten 10 match run is spreading far and wide in our Region, and the Yaxley replay can attract a decent attendance of 200+. The effort put in from Management and Players deserve increasing gates.
Hope some of the stay-aways return to The Riverside come Tuesday night as you would most certainly see attacking play from The Rams.
Bring a mate and boost the gate.

COYR

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10701

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Hackers wrote:
Bring a mate and boost the gate.

Poetic! :cheer:

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10702

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Cheers LK and thanks for the mention. However, sadly not an original ' Hackerism ' as just a classic piece of plagiarism having been pinched off another Club's website. Ah well, but would still be disappointed if we fell short of the 200 figure.
Surely an exciting week for Rammy fans with the potential for 3 wins in eight days and great progression in the FA Trophy and prove a most notable week in The Rams history book.

COYR
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10703

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
An excellent 5-1 victory and it could, and should, have been at least double that. A good performance from the Yaxley keeper, coupled with the woodwork taking a battering, meant the final scoreline didn't reflect our dominance tonight.

To quote UkePunk, "we've made more chances tonight than we did in the whole of last season" A slight exaggeration, but not far from the truth at all. Superb performances all round and can't wait for this group of players to really start gelling

Wembley, Wembley
We're the famous Rammy United
And we're going to Wembley :lol:

COYR
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10705

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Another great win - which leaves us 11 games unbeaten, 10 under Chris. I think it was pretty much one way traffic last night, we played with so much width and tore Yaxley apart down the wings, and as Darkside said, it should’ve been more than 5! A lot more!

On to Saturday now, with what I regard as a potential banana skin up at Pickering (although if their league form is anything to go by we should be clear favourites). We’re on top form at the moment too so bring it on! COYR

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10707

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Not sure how many glass ceilings The Rams have broken through since the new Manager took charge, but the end result is that The Rams are playing at a whole new level. Some superb passages of play from The Rams last night with the emphasis on free-flowing football which was a joy to watch. Felt a bit sorry for Yaxley who are a decent side with pacy forwards, but really need a ' playmaker ' in mid-field to stitch things together for them. Wish them all the best for the rest of the season.
Onwards to Pickering Town now and just hope our flying wingers in Nialle and Nic can create the same amount of havoc to the Pickering defence. Lastly, a big up for Ruben last night who really got ' stuck in ' and used his physique and pace and also to Tom Kennedy who was a class act all night and dictated large parts of The Rams play.

COYR
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10708

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Something that I have been crying out for, for many a month, is width; and what a difference when you get it!!!!!!!
Combined with players who can distribute the ball it is a "no brainer".
Well done to Chris Wilcock for bringing football back to Ramsbottom and to each and every member of the squad for making the supporters very, very happy!
The report (By Aaron) on last night's game has a few errors:
We beat Colwyn Bay 1 - 0, and I believe that Tommo will be available for FA Trophy matches but will miss the next 3 league matches. (?)
Hope the Yaxley team and supporters had a safe journey home.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

Kidsgrove/Yaxley Travel 7 months 3 weeks ago #10711

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
johnharryayers wrote:
Something that I have been crying out for, for many a month, is width; and what a difference when you get it!!!

Many a month? I think it's been many a season John!! :P

It really is wonderful to watch. I'm a very happy Rammy fan at the moment!

johnharryayers wrote:
I believe that Tommo will be available for FA Trophy matches but will miss the next 3 league matches

This is what I had also been told John but sadly we were misinformed as although cautions don't carry between league and cup, sendings off do. That's a a blow for us losing Luke and Joel being cup tied on Saturday.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Little Katie.
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds