Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Other non league teams

Other non league teams 3 months 6 days ago #11463

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Ow do B)

Not Rammy related at all, but as well as joining the flock in supporting the Mighty Rams and obviously the Massive at Hillsborough. I also like to look at other leagues around us and take an interest in certain clubs.

In our first season in the Northern Prem we started really well... except for Kings Lynn away lol, but we had a great Result away at Ilkeston Fc (now ilkeston town fc) 4-2, a well deserved victory... but since then their fortunes (literally) have dipped and they went out of business... to be renamed as above.

There last game under the old name was against us, a great result 4-0, in glorious sunshine and the `ilson' fans turned up costume and even the defeat and their demise didn`t spoil the day for them (top fans)

Since reforming they have been playing in the Central Midlands League, which was 2 divisions below the NWCFL lowest division. This however did'nt stopped their fans following them, last season in the 1st div of that league they were still averaging 500 attendances! ...they got promoted in 2nd place, other clubs ave gates were 50/60 or maybe 100 in comparison.

This season they are at the top of the premier division and with Walsall swifts (who they play this weekend i think) now their last gate attracted almost 1,000 incredible at that level. It looks like they will be promoted again... into the North East Counties League div 1, ...it looks like they`re flying through each division and it wont be a surprise to see them promoted back into the Northern Prem in 2yrs time.
I personally will be glad to see them back, a great ground to visit and one that wouldnt be out of place in the national league... (and they`re local for me to visit lol)

Another club local to me on the way back and promoted this week to the Northern prem east (i assume) is Worksop Town FC, a club with massive history all the way back to non league beginnings.
Also a team we beat in...(FA trophy or cup?) 7-2? when we were starting our climb through the divisions with Jonno and Bern... a fantastic result as we were a divison below them and they were flying high at the time.

They are another club with a very loyal following as even though they were demoted 3 divisions they have still averaged over 400 and this season over 500! ....with an incredible 1600 gate for the promotion decider with Penistone Fc (no giggling at that name please)

So, massiver congrats to 2 teams on their way back and it just shows, whatever level your club may fall to, just keep supporting, keep the faith and success will come back.

Si thi
B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Other non league teams 3 months 5 days ago #11465

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
Oops, Double post :oops:
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by From the Darkside.

Other non league teams 3 months 5 days ago #11466

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Ow Do, TC

Some great blasts from the past there (except the despicable Kings Lynn obviously)

I still follow the fortunes of Ilkeston and glad to see they seem to be in fine fettle, albeit a few leagues lower, these days. Always got a friendly welcome on our trips down there and helped create a fantastic atmosphere at The Riverside when we played them on the last day of the 2016 season, which also coincided with St Georges Day hence the fancy dress in these photo's

P4230013_2019-04-16.jpg

P4230001_2019-04-16.jpg

It was also the last game that the legend that is Grant Shenton, seen here leading the team out with his Son, played for the club

P4230005.jpg

Ah'll see thi Saturday, TC :woohoo:

Other non league teams 3 months 5 days ago #11467

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
And on the subject of Ilkeston, who is this pictured on our trip there in December 2015?

Why, it's Rammy's very own answer to Hugh Hefner, chatting up the local ladies, the inimitable Hackers :kiss:

PC050236_2019-04-16.jpg

Other non league teams 3 months 4 days ago #11470

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Ow do ????
Loving the pics Daz... seem to remember that ilson fan giving me a man hug had enjoyed one or two local ales lol.
I'd forgotten about it being shents last game... wasn't it the temporary management's last game as well?
Si thi satday ????????uptheramsbottom

Other non league teams 3 months 3 days ago #11475

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Darkside - Cheers , Tee Hee and Ho Ho . I do remember you taking the snap . The young lady was a new recruit to the Ilkeston ground staff , and as a new starter , was just giving her bonhomie and customer care to old fogies like me .
If this was the ' away day ' I think it was , then on the way down I was sat next to Scott Burton who was a really friendly guy , and he had then a sneaking feeling then that he would score a goal , and that's just what happened with Scott on the score-sheet. Also , I have a sound recollection of the famous Billy Priestley pinching a full size black rubber dustbin from either the Ground itself , or maybe the Tesco store on our way back when we stopped off for beer supplies , and carrying the empty dustbin just slung over his shoulder in true dustbinman style fashion onto the coach , so that the players could cob their empty cans in it . Just crazy stuff and good times.
Hackers
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds