Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMMY ROCKET - DEAD AND BURIED ?

RAMMY ROCKET - DEAD AND BURIED ? 3 months 3 weeks ago #11558

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Am curious to know if our ' away days ' aboard the Rammy Rocket are a thing of the past , with many of the players wanting to make their own travel arrangements last season . If you consider the teams in the newly formed North West Division , there is ample scope for at least 2 or 3 away days with trips required to Dunston UTS FC at Gateshead , Tyne and Wear , and Marske United , Marske-by-the-Sea , Redcar , Cleveland . Add to that trips to Pickering Town [ coach last season FA Trophy ] , Workington AFC , and four separate trips to Merseyside and District . We all know by now the high cost of providing a coach to away matches but would be a shame to lose this tradition all together . Maybe the answer is simply to increase the £12 charge ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMMY ROCKET - DEAD AND BURIED ? 3 months 2 weeks ago #11560

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
IMG_4909.jpg

RAMMY ROCKET - DEAD AND BURIED ? 3 months 2 weeks ago #11561

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well Ho Ho and Tee Hee - yet another classic snap from Carlsberg . If every picture tells a story , then it looks like my enquiry has been answered in full .
Cheers for that , and remember that only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun . Heatwave across Europe - don't be a statistic .

Hackers
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMMY ROCKET - DEAD AND BURIED ? 3 months 2 weeks ago #11562

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just had a second look at Carlsberg's decrepit and disintegrating charabanc when something suddenly dawned on me . No doubt this old boiler and probably run on diesel has pumped out in its lifetime hundreds of tons of carbon into the atmosphere. I know what follows on here may seem futuristic and far fetched at the moment , but I'm sure in years to come that all football clubs both League and Non-League will be mandated to carry out an Environmental Impact Audit not only of their stadia but how their fans travel to away matches in order to minimise waste and pollution. As regards stadia there is ample roof space on top of the stands to install solar panels , provided the structure can take the extra weight and the roofs are already aspected in the right direction to catch the sunlight. As for the away fans who will travel every weekend when the season starts , tens of thousands of fans will criiss-cross the country to get to their away fixtures . This will involve thousands of cars taking fans to their away games . I can see that not all that far away when their carbon footprint gets sussed out and people say enough pollution is enough , and travel has to be thought through and centralised . By that I mean 45 seater coach travel which should put out less carbon pollution than say 15 cars , so the Rammy Rocket may come back into vogue albeit it an electric version . Just a thought .

RAMMY ROCKET - DEAD AND BURIED ? 3 months 2 weeks ago #11563

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Going back to your original post it would seem that the Rammy Rocket, at least as we know it, is a thing of the past.

The official line that I got is that Chris isn't keen on them as it makes the players lethargic and with our form on the road last season it's hard to argue with that. A bit shit, but then Chris is there to get results on the pitch and he certainly provided us with plenty of those last season.

Fear not though, Hackers, as a good number of supporters have expressed interest in travelling to some of the longer games and we can start planning ahead as soon as the fixtures are released. Not many Rockets last season, but doubt anyone will argue we had some of our best away days since the Jonno and Bernard years and long may that continue. Will update when the fixtures are announced

The Rammy Rocket is Dead................Long Live The Rammy Fun Bus

OntheBuses3.jpg
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMMY ROCKET - DEAD AND BURIED ? 3 months 2 weeks ago #11564

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Nice one Darkside , that looks a dead ringer for an agenda item for our forthcoming Supporters Group Meeting.

Agenda Item No. 8 AWAY TRAVEL

Cheers :cheer:

ps Also well done to roll the sign around to read Bridge Street - must have taken some doing that . Also didn't realize that Dawn had hair extensions from time to time .
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds