Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Registration

Forum Registration 3 months 4 weeks ago #11629

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 225
Not sure who the Admin is on here these days, and maybe I'm being a bit thick, but how do people register to become a member on here?

Had a message from someone who wants to sign up, bet neither of us can seem to find where you do it. Might be missing the glaringly obvious, but doesn't seem anywhere to do it :S
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Forum Registration 3 months 4 weeks ago #11630

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Not at all Thick Daz, Registration on this Forum is a little confusing to say the least...
I think the set-up with the sign up was brought in to stop the Trolls coming on and spouting off.
Richard and TottyRams aka Adam C are still deffo Admins, as for joining up I can only assume that you have to contact them directly as there is now no "Join" link which there used to be hence what I stated above is possibly the reason.
In the Rules and Regulations posting on the Forum, that is basically what it is, just Rules and Regulations, no advice on where to sign up. I'm sure Richard or Adam will put this right by informing and advising those who want to join to do so.

Rules and Regs are Below...

Quoted by Richard (Admin)

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, welcome to the Ramsbottom United FC Forum, a place where Rammy supporters and the wider football family can discuss the events of our club, both on and off the field. We can talk about all sorts of things on here, providing it is, in part, related to Ramsbottom United Football Club. The views posted are those of the poster and not necessarily the views of RUFC.

So, lets keep it fun for everyone - but lets also try and keep within the rules of the forum as well.

By registering and requesting to be registered through the website, you are indicating that you agree to these points and accept to be bound by them. Please read the following in full and ensure you understand each part. If found to have breached any of the below, you may be banned, either permanently or temporarily from the forum without a warning.

Any of the RUFC Forum moderators have the right to edit or delete any message they feel breaks the rules of the forum or breaches the reasoning for these rules.

By using the forum, you agree to the following –

1) Threads and posts must be civil and tasteful to the purpose of this forum. Those considered offensive to others, or considered as bad taste may be edited or deleted. If you see anything which is deemed as being such, please let the forum moderator know.
2) Do not post any material that is knowingly inaccurate, misleading or false and you are unable to substantiate.
3) Do not post any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable in any way.
4) You will not post material that is clearly outside of the stated topic nor disrupt others’ use of the forum by, for example, deliberately posting repeated or irrelevant material.
5) The forum will not tolerate abuse of any other members within. If a member does abuse another, they then will be issued with a warning, along with details of why they have been warned. If this persists, it will result in a permanent ban. Thankfully, we have been fortunate not to have to do this as yet.
6) Messages between forum members. I am certain, can be transmitted by text message on your own personal devises or via other versions of Social Media (Facebook/Twitter etc)!! Let's try and keep the forum as a forum rather than a hybrid Social Media area.
7) Also, lets keep the forum primarily to matters concerning Ramsbottom United FC. Lets keep wide of text talk, short and pointless replies, excessive off-topic posting and spamming.

COMPLAINTS
If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator or admin - or a post or thread - then please contact the forum admin. Complaints made public on the forum will be removed.

Let's keep the forum fun for everyone and, of course, continue to support the lads.

FINALLY ....
Just remember that you are registering to the site and therefore you are legally responsible for what you are posting. So make sure that you are fully conversant in all of the regulations to cover yourselves and Ramsbottom United Football Club.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Carlsbergx10.

Forum Registration 3 months 4 weeks ago #11631

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Cheers for that, Ste. Much appreciated.

Over to you, Richard & Adam. Could we not make it easier for people who want to you sign up? I know we've had issues with trolls/not rights in the past, but if it is so difficult to join the forum then it's no wonder it has become so stale over the past 12 months

Forum Registration 3 months 3 weeks ago #11634

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Just dandy that we have had such a speedy reply from someone in Authority !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Not .
Just who in Authority would we expect to reply ?
The site ' Legend ' reads like this :-
GUEST - there's no way a guest could reply . Got no authority
USER - virtually the same as above .
BANNED - you must be joking .
MODERATOR - Have we got one ?
GLOBAL MODERATOR - Is this title just a ' piss take ' ? or is this Carlsberg on the Carlsberg x 10 at our sub-branch in Portugal givin it large with the euro's ? That's 70 cans a week ! !
SITE ADMINISTRATOR - presume this is Richard and his Assistant who may be on hols , so fair play if that proves to be the case , but we do need an authoritative reply soonish , and could they also reply to my ' Bot ' posting as right now Total Users on Line :- 1 Member being me , and 151 Guests .

Cheers,

Hackers
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

Forum Registration 3 months 3 weeks ago #11635

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Just had a message from Richard

"there is a message on the forum about how to go about registering - they need to contact me!"

Not sure where the message on the forum is, but certainly doesn't make it easy for anyone new to join. Also find it a rather rude reply for someone supposedly representing the club :angry:

And fair play to Adam who contacted me a couple of days ago to let me know it wasn't within his duties to do anything about signing up new members

Forum Registration 3 months 3 weeks ago #11636

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
Hello everyone,

Haven't been on for a while - work commitments and life in 2019 has rather overtaken all things Rammy.

Not sure why you thought my response was rude - I was just pointing out that there is a post on the website about how to go about registering for the website as I have actually got 3,000 'applications' via the website to join the forum of which maybe 2 will be from genuine supporters wanting to join the site - the rest will be from bots (so I am sure you would rather not have them on the forum than just let them join. Carlsberg posted the message that I put on the site some time ago to outline this.

So if anyone want to join the forum, please email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will address this and send them the details to login in and accept.

Hope that is all ok with everyone. Not rude - just trying to save the website and forum from being overrun by robots!

Forum Registration 3 months 3 weeks ago #11637

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Hackers wrote:
GLOBAL MODERATOR - Is this title just a ' piss take ' ? or is this Carlsberg on the Carlsberg x 10 at our sub-branch in Portugal givin it large with the euro's ? That's 70 cans a week ! !

Not sure what you are implying Pete but I have never been a Global Moderator, I never knew there was a position for that, and before anyone mentions or thinks I am still an Admin, that position was given up an absolute age ago but most folk already knew that, I'm just a "Looker in" on the Forum just like many others.
As for the "Giving it large with the euros" what on earth are you on about ?
As for the "70 cans a week" wrong...it's Bottles not Cans and the figure of 70... it's nowhere near that but a good guess all the same.

As for people not using the Forum anymore, as quoted earlier it was a fun place to be at one time, humour, discussions, photos, etc but that's all gone, to me from what I can gather when I look in it's basically the " Hackers Show"...

I'm sure though that when the Season picks up so will the Forum...it's always used to be quiet in the close-season.....

Regards

An Alcoholic Portuguese Bot.

Forum Registration 3 months 3 weeks ago #11638

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Richard wrote:

Not sure why you thought my response was rude

Guess we just have different standards, Richard. For example, I would have explained that I would re-post details on the forum and thank the person for bringing it to my attention as I was having a busy 2019, rather than sending some comment that was totally unhelpful to the situation.

So, everyone knows how to register now, but what happens a few months down the line when this situation arises again? Is there some way to have it more clearly stated on the website ?

I know it is under the 'Off The Field' banner, but it's not really the easiest thing to find
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by From the Darkside.

Forum Registration 3 months 3 weeks ago #11639

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Another option is to e-mail Adam at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or contact him through the clubs Twitter/Facebook accounts.

Forum Registration 3 months 3 weeks ago #11641

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Well , always good to hear from Carlsberg .
Just to clarify . The reference to euro's is that it would cost a lot of euro's to actually buy 70 cans of Carlsberg per week . The ' avin it large ' bit purely relates to the large amount of euro's , and in no way means you're wadded and squandering money all over the place .
As for the Global Moderator bit , I picked on you as you're the only person I know who has an interest in Rammy United and who also lives abroad , so in this context Portugal is as near Global that I can get . The term Global Moderator does exist on the site .
And yep , I must be a serial poster , so will seek counselling .

BFN

Hackers
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds