Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COACH TO DUNSTON FC ?

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 1 month 1 day ago #11939

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I know we've been informed that this matter is under consideration , but sooner or later the Club will have to explain it's ' green credentials ' to the Bet Victor League and to the great Rammy public at large . Even better if the coach was part hybrid electric for the time being . I was amazed at how far in advance EFL Premier League Clubs are in ' greening ' their Clubs and what lengths they are going to in order to reduce their carbon footprint and that of their supporters also .
It must be the case that 15 travelling cars of players and fans belt out more pollution emissions than one well driven coach whether hybrid electric or not , or whether manual or automatic gearbox , as I'm assuming that automatic is the less polluting option as gear changing takes place at the appropriate time and therefore no over-revving which can take place with a poor driver with the consequent extra use of fuel leading to additional emissions .

Would be a shame for a progressive Club like ours to be left behind .
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 1 month 7 hours ago #11940

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Blummin' Ek Hackers Green Creds on a Rammy Rocket I have a photo of a Rammy Trolley Bus now they were cleaner. Seriously enough bums on a coach is a good thing pays it's price and The Rams squad all of us are together means you and me won't get lost, you can have a kip but that takes the lark out of the afternoon. ha. :evil:

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 4 weeks 1 day ago #11941

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
El Tel - some good craic & banter there , but yep it is about ' bum's on seats ' and running a full coach , and at the very least covering the cost of the transport as we fans can't expect the Club to make a financial loss on any ' away day's ' but it would be a pity to run down our away days to nothing . At the end of the day , the decision lies with an agreement between Chairman & Manager , but just to say that Dunston is very close to Gateshead and we did run a coach there albeit for an FA Cup tie .

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 4 weeks 19 hours ago #11944

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I note that yesterday's home fixture i.e. Dunston -vs- City of Liverpool was postponed , and that word has it , that the pitch is in a right old state and hardly likely to be playable for our away trip next Saturday [ Nov 23rd ] , so the coach issue likely to die a death .
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 4 weeks 4 hours ago #11947

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
:evil: Hackers one thing I enjoy is getting lost with you now that is a great lark and another going in the coach with a full crew. But as said the finances run the line on a coach or no coach, running our away days to nothing would be a sore one the principle has to be thought out by the club meaning the value for the supporters and for the clubs finances. That goes to Harry the reason this club is still going and others have faded is having a great treasurer. I have been with Highfield United and Rossendale United I could see them falling and stated it in board meetings then left the money nothing to do with me but my mental balance on what was happening financially triggered me to try to get them to pull in Harry does that on his own that is were my respect for the guy comes in. That's that 4X from El Tel :evil:

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 3 weeks 6 days ago #11951

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 160
Sadly no coach for fans or players to travel on. I've heard that players are hoping to arrange a minibus as it's such a long way to drive.

A great shame there wont be a coach for us all to travel together. :(

Who is planning to go up to Dunston on Saturday?
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Little Katie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 3 weeks 6 days ago #11952

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmmmmmmm - " Not Good " says Donald .
Yep , that's disappointing news . The mileage given from Bury to the UTS Stadium @ Dunston is 144 , so that's a round trip of 288 miles , which ain't far short of 300 !
I'm sure that I received an e-mail from the Club telling me that the coach was a ' no show ' but thanks to LK for doubly confirming that fact . When I first read the e-mail , I thought maybe the players might be having some form of a pre-Xmas evening social gathering together and thus needed to get back home early doors so to speak . However , having now read LK's edited posting with words chosen extremely carefully , then I now wonder is this just down to ' penny pinching ' by the Club itself , cos if it's Rothwell's that are booked up and can't supply a chara , then I bet Yelloway can .

Anyway , I suppose the Devil's Guard and myself will make the trip but could do with A. N. Other to join us as a threesome to split the petrol cost . As for small saloons travelling up , overloaded with driver and 4 passengers , then I think that's just crazy , and the driver is putting himself/herself and all 4 passengers in harm's way especially in an emergency stop situation , simply because of the weight in the car and the consequent extended braking distance , especially if there's some ' cash 4 crash ' scroats on the roads . Watch out for mid-sized saloons like Golf GTI but with a TOW BAR - the tow bar is there to properly f*ck the front of your car up , and leave the perpetrators car relatively unscathed , so they can do another crash for cash in the same vehicle . Clever eh ! dem scroats . Oh my neck hurts already just writing this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Hackers.

COACH TO DUNSTON FC ? 3 weeks 23 hours ago #11958

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well let's close this sad episode down , although it must resurrect itself later in the season as gotta fulfil our fixtures .

Well Much ado about Nothing at the end of the day , and all turned out to be a bit of a damp squib really . Well it would be if the ground was waterlogged :lol: :lol:

However , when you consider that Dunston FC is the furthest ground away from The Riverside , closely followed by Workington and then Marske , it doesn't bode at all well for future ' away days ' on the Rammy Rocket which is a great pity really . Are we to think that the Rammy fans were given a reluctant ' treat ' by the Club in putting on a coach to Gateshead , albeit a special trip in the FA Cup .

My view now , is that the Club needs to issue a Statement as to why no coach was ordered for both players and fans , as all I'm getting at the moment are mixed messages .

It's as simple as this :- NO CLUB = NO FANS , or just to put it a better way then N-O F-A-N-S = N-O C-L-U-B !!

Cheers.

Hackers
Last Edit: 3 weeks 23 hours ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.877 seconds