Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SAVE OUR SEASON !

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 3 weeks 1 day ago #12261

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Here is a brief summary of an article from the sports pages of The Mail on Sunday [ March 15th ] .
Titled - ' Save Our Season ' .
4 OPTIONS GIVEN :

OPTION 1
Abandon the League . Champions - None , Relegated - None .
i.e. forget the Season ever took place .

OPTION 2
Play season to a finish however long it takes .
Please note it should be possible for The Rams to play their remaining 10 games over a period of just less than four and a half weeks , playing Sat , Tues , Sat , Tues etc. etc . , plus any play-off semi & final .

OPTION 3
End the season now with Liverpool as Champions and relegate the bottom three .

For ourselves - Workington AFC would be Champions and Pickering Town relegated .

OPTION 4
No relegation , and expand the Premier League i.e. promote the teams in the automatic places of the Championship , and Leagues 1 and 2 . Top three teams from the National League also promoted .

This Option is complicated as there may be no play-offs ! , and even further complicated by the fact that our own Northern Premier League i.e. all 3 Divisions will be undergoing planned changes for next season 20/21 in any event .

Some food for thought there .

Cheers ,

Hackers

LATE EXTRA
My preferred option would be OPTION 2 i.e. play season to a finish however long it takes . They reckon it could take 12 - 18 months to come forward with a new vaccine , and whose to say the public can't be re-infected a second time pre-vaccine .
We could look upon this season as having two parts and spanning a further 1 or 2 years i.e. Season 2019/21 or worse case scenario Season 2019/22 . Not what we're used to but exceptional circumstances call for exceptional times .
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 2 weeks 2 days ago #12263

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well the new Government lockdown has certainly put the lid on things . Maximum gatherings restricted to just 2 persons , so our attendance gates would be slashed right back , and worse still the 2 people have to be family household members . Don't think our Chairman will be best pleased with that limit ' Cockers ' . Nobody wants a £1000 fine for breaking the rules . Also you won't be able to go to the Olympics in Tokyo to get your footy fix , not that they're ever gonna take place this year . That's a nailed on given .

It's all boo-hoo .

Keep Safe Y'all
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 2 weeks 1 day ago #12264

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 245
Latest news is that the NPL have applied to the FA to terminate the season

www.betvictornorthernpremier.co.uk/state...-201920-season-61678

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 2 weeks 1 day ago #12265

• Marineland
  • Thank you received: 17
The NPL/FA are being too hasty and a tad naive. They presume that next season will start in August or September. It might not. It might not start until next January and then we will be left with two incomplete seasons. I think we should wait until the end of summer. If there is no time for a full 2020-21 then why not complete this season and let justice be done?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 2 weeks 1 day ago #12266

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
We all know how these people work and its not always for the best. The way they think is "only we are right", too hell with supporters, they know nowt!

Have to agree with your sentiment of waiting to see how the next 4-6 weeks pan out, before taking a more serious look at the situation. All the teams in the top 8 places of the NLP/NW have worked bloody hard and given us what could be a grandstand finish to the season. It was there for anyone to see when we visited just over a week ago. They and we deserve better than that. Lets face it, whatever decisions are taken, you can guarantee that someone, quite rightly, will be upset with it.

I would forget the cups and concentrate on the league situation, which is far more important. What worries me most is how many teams will survive the current plight. Fortunately, most of us are paid per match, wouldn't imagine there are too many contracted players around. However, the higher you go, you will see the pendulum swing towards contracted players. Its those teams who are in most trouble.

Lets hope common sense prevails and hasty decisions not made. I can hear the sharp intake of breath.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 2 weeks 1 day ago #12267

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Seems absolutely crazy to me that the League should formulate a plan to bring this season to a crash stop when they have no idea how long the "Hiatus" will last?
Surely they have to have a reasonable (if not cast iron) date when social gatherings are permitted before they can decide what's the best course of action.
Would you decide to put 4 new tyres on a Car when you've been told one is illegal, or would you measure them all & make sure?
I'm all ears if somebody wants to explain to me the genuine reasons as to why such a massive decision need be made so swiftly without an accurate idea of a prospective date.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 2 weeks 1 day ago #12268

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Nice one Darkside for relaying the League's latest info and for posting on forum. Much to think about . Fully agree with comments from Marineland , Tobytrotter and BroxBlue . For me just hope they don't go with PPG to fix final placings as that would confirm final placings and give Workington the title [ PPG Work 2.29 , Rams 2.17 & just for the record Ponte Coll's 2.08 ] However to be fair all round , Workington have a better goal difference than The Rams at + 17 , and have a better head to head aggregate score at 5 - 3 , so can we really moan ? , but what about the play-offs , can those be just paper exercise play-offs decided by PPG also ! ? that could suit us i. e. Runner's Up and Promotion ! ! !
Still prefer OPTION 2 above - play season to a finish however long it takes . This could include a short Part 2 Spring or Summer Season but sadly not this year , I mean for 2021 , as I don't see any football at all this Calendar Year ! , unless of course you go along with Big Don in the States as he reckons all will be back to normal just after this Easter ! - Holy Mackerel !
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 1 week 6 days ago #12269

• TottyRams
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
The season has been declared null and void
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by TottyRams. Reason: Error

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 1 week 6 days ago #12270

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Well, once again, the FA have lived up to their initials and also what they care about us.

An organisation run by a bunch of old farts in blazers. To say I'm hacked off is an understatement. But, I suppose they will expect us to sit back and accept their decision was done with all the best interests of the game. I'd suggest its in the best interest of themselves, as it always has been and will be.

I'd like to say more, but would be banned off the site if I did. A Total Cop Out

:evil: :evil:
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Tobytrotter58.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 1 week 6 days ago #12271

• Marineland
  • Thank you received: 17
Here is my letter to this Sunday’s NLPaper.

In cancelling the season at Steps 3 to 7, the FA must be presuming that next season will resume in August or September and a complete season will follow. The problem is that it might not be possible to restart football at any level of the pyramid until early 2021, not leaving enough time to complete a season’s fixtures. This would leave the FA regretting its decision owing to the fact that the 2019-20 season could have been completed in the first few months of next year.
Instead, we are now looking at the possibility of not one but two incomplete seasons. It surely would have made more sense to wait until we see what type of virus we are facing. Some will disappear after they’ve inflicted their global rampage upon us but others linger or return in for a second and even third wave. No one, not even the various governing bodies of football, have a clue where the corona virus will lead us to.
However, I am also curious as to why a different decision should apply to Premier League down to Step 2 of non-League football. Could it be that if the FA were to deprive Liverpool of the Premier League title it would face huge protests on the streets of Merseyside? Perhaps I am being unfair on the FA if the chairman of Leagues at Steps 3 and 4 and beyond have pressurised them to make this hasty decision.
If it is the want of the lower leagues to pull the plug in the season then so be it but my opinion is that they have made a big mistake. We are now faced with an injustice that could have recriminations for many years to come as the likes of Barrow, Workington, Jersey Bulls and countless others wonder what the future holds. All the hope has now been removed and with it all the hard work that has gone on since last July and it needn’t have been this way.
I just hope that the four semi finalists of the Trophy and Vase get their opportunity to reach Wembley. If they are deprived of this then the result in various record books of the future would read Non-League Football 0 Corona 1.
Barry Lenton (Marine supporter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58, From the Darkside
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds