Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SAVE OUR SEASON !

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 6 months 15 hours ago #12282

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
]Brilliant piece Tony. Echoes many of my sentiments.

We have learned who qualifies for using the word spineless to describe them.,Because that is exactly what the authorities are. This weeks Non League issue could be the best £1.50 I've spent in weeks.

Its a pity we cannot ban the NP/FA "Big Wigs" from our grounds. Put in quite simple terms; STAY AWAY, you are not welcome anymore in my eyes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12288

• Marineland
  • Thank you received: 17
Just a quick one to let you know that Geoff Thompson, the SouthShields chairman is getting things moving. I will do my best to keep you posted but if anyone can inform Harry please do so.
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Marineland. Reason: Too much detail at this moment!

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12289

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Check out this Sky Sports interview
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by jimmacdonald.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12290

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Thanks Barry,
I've already contacted South Shields and Workington offering our support as they appear to be the sides hit worst by this decision.
David and Goliath this may be, but at least we'll have done all we can to reverse this gutless decision.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12291

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Well one good thing , we all have is plenty time to reflect on the most hasty and dreadful decision to expunge the season in advance of decisions to be made by the Premier League , EFL , and NL . There seems to be a head of steam building up to challenge our own Null & Void ruling and eventually down the line expunge the daft and panicky Officials who did act in haste and will repent at leisure !

Hackers
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12293

• Marineland
I believe that some clubs could fold. It really is that serious. This might lead to Rammy being promoted by default as it were. It’s worth bearing in mind. The counter argument to all this is that clubs will still have to honour contracts and this could well lead to clubs folding. If, for example, a club has fifteen players on contract (some have more in the Premier Division, believe it or not) and these are two year contracts, then in theory, this could bankrupt these clubs if it dragged on. Also, sponsors of clubs might go bust, leaving clubs having to depend on donations and drop to a lower step in the pyramid.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12294

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Some sort of revenge Barry....Non League paper Marine 1 Rammy 0!
Somewhat surprised that the NLP did not print more letters from readers, as this must have been their busiest week ever.
The thought that this could drive clubs out of business does not sit well at all. I know many live week-to-week, so, alas, I think you are right. We will see casualties which in turn will give the FA more headaches to contend with.
And we thought that this season would have been remembered for the demise of Bury FC. They could turn out to be the first of many and the whole football scene could well look totally different come August.
It really is a worrying scenario.
I wish all football followers well, and a speedy return to normality.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12295

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Excellent work from Marineland and our very own P.A.

Trawling through a few clubs forums and social media it seems there is a growing backlash against the decision to 'expunge' our season. Not too confident it will have any effect, but good to see the clubs fighting back and let's hope if it comes to it our supporters can be part of that fight.

In the meantime, I'm sure PA will continue to fight our corner and if any help is needed you will have the supporters backing
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by From the Darkside.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12297

• Marineland
One thing I have found out today is that the decision to annul the season was made by the FA Council but this has to be ratified by the full members of the FA and I think this is due to be done by Wednesday. So the dozens of clubs that are going to challenge the decision have a race on. There are three people on the FA Council. One of them is Mark Harris, chairman of the NPL. He is concerned that clubs in our league will be in a more serious financial position because of (as I previously mentioned) contracts. The problem as I see it is the timing which has been too hasty. I know Marine are worried because the chairman is asking for donations. We will be ok, though, as we own the ground and have enough support to fight back. I presume Harry owns the ground at Ramsbottom?

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 4 weeks ago #12298

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
No. Its owned by Ramsbottom Cricket Club. Harry pays a rent.
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds