Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SAVE OUR SEASON !

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 3 weeks ago #12309

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Well it strikes me now that everything in at least English Football will follow on from the B-I-G D-E-C-I-S-I-O-N i.e. Are Liverpool to be crowned Premier League Champions now , or have to play a Part 2 Season later this year to earn the Award . This will then shutter down affecting all Steps in the pyramid including us at Step 4 and every chance to overturn the present crazy decision . Lets have some consistency please .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 3 weeks ago #12310

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
The three National Leagues have been 'suspended indefinitely' now

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092442

I'm assuming this is different to our league being 'expunged' and raises the question of consistency across football even further. A rights balls up to be sure

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 3 weeks ago #12313

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
They probably expected the backlash because of having what is basically, double standards. If everyone and not just the few, had been treated the same, most would have been happy. Instead, they have now shot themselves in the foot so to speak.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 3 weeks ago #12317

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
LATEST

Premier League to indefinitely suspend season and players to be consulted on taking a 30% pay cut .

Well at least they haven't declared the Season null & void and that's a good sign .

In addition , the Manchester Evening News reports that the Premier League are to advance funds of £125m to the EFL and National League .
So from the above you can only presume there's nowt to filter down to the Northern Prem and little o'le Rammy United . Well ta very much - not !

LATE EXTRA
I'm not sure just what is defined by ' grass roots football ' and might extend to cover school playing fields and their teams , so you would think that some money would filter down the football pyramid to Step 8 teams like ours and further down to NWCFL . So much for THE BIG BOYS supporting grass roots football ! !
ps Rammy at Step 4 if you choose to discount the PL & EFL .

For us it's a case of 2-4-6-8 who do they appreciate ? [ slight tweak on a very old football chant ]
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 3 weeks ago #12319

• Marineland
  • Thank you received: 17
I decided that the letter was far too long for the forum and most who wanted to read it would have done so by now so I have deleted it for that reason and no other! The latest I have heard is that the FA might be meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) and there is a possibility that clubs will be consulted by email about the way forward but how true this is we will find out sooner rather than later I would think.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Marineland. Reason: Within message
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 3 weeks ago #12320

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
A great letter which I wish I'd have known about!
I have contacted the company asking them to add the name of Ramsbottom United to it, although it may be too late.
We have though already sent our thoughts to the FA separately.
Is there a chance?????

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 3 weeks ago #12321

• Marineland
  • Thank you received: 17
You can still get on board by contacting Geoff Thompson the chairman of South Shields who initiated this. His email address is on their web site. I presume you will get in touch with Harry first?

Bet that is the longest message that will ever appear on your forum! We lost ours at Marine when Pitchero withdrew them despite our protests.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Marineland. Reason: Spelling

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 2 weeks ago #12328

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well that's that then as ' null & void ' wins the day . Still don't agree , and feel we've been stitched up like a kipper and then discarded .

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 2 weeks ago #12329

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Despite the protests, the F.A. have met today and decided to uphold the decision to stop non-league football from level 3 downwards.

www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/09...r#Echobox=1586458731

Meanwhile, they seem quite happy to wait on making a decision on football higher than this for the time being :angry:

SAVE OUR SEASON ! 5 months 2 weeks ago #12330

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well sadly Darkside's last posting brings a sorry end to this Topic and thread . It did get over 1280 viewings which ain't bad for a little Club like ours , but nowhere near the eventual Weymouth FC viewing figure - that was football frenzy .
All done and dusted so time to move on , and will start a new thread - ' What does the future hold '
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds