Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GAME ON ??

GAME ON ?? 1 month 3 days ago #12487

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Not sure even Albert Einstein if he was still alive could predict in which month of which year the Mighty Rams will resume competitive League football . A pity that Albert isn't still around as he would have lived through the Spanish Flu Pandemic and his views and comments could have proved most informative . However , even the World's most famous equation E = mc 2 [ squared ] doesn't assist me in any way whatsoever to predict my own start date .

One good thing in all this is the Government's relaxation of social distancing from 2 metre down to 1 metre+ . This will most certainly increase our gate capacity down at The Riverside . However , the big blocker remains untouched as large social gatherings even outdoors are still banned .

On a separate note , I presume 1 metre plus includes the wearing of face masks and carrying our own bottle of sanitiser on the hip instead of our usual brandy hip flask , and not sticking our fingers in our Gob's or anyone else's Gob come to that ! and deffo not slipping a wee jobby into anyone's back pocket ! Am also very curious to know what the Ultra's chant of ' Come on You Rams ' will sound like coming through face masks . All a bit very muffled I'd say . May sound a bit of old codswallop ?

If anyone can tell me in which month & year we'll get back underway i.e. 2020 , 2021 , 2022 , 2023 , 2024 , 2025 , etc. , then I'll give em £50 quid cash - 2 crisp twenties and a crisp tenner . That I will - you heard it here first .

Hackers

ps Sad to see Rubes exit stage left . It leaves our forward line a bit thin on the ground considering Josh & Nico have already gone , but as I said before , I've every faith in Chris to find top replacements .
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GAME ON ?? 4 weeks 1 day ago #12489

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well maybe a glint of light on the horizon as open-air theatres are opened from the 11th July as long as there is ' a limited and socially distanced audience . Well there's one just down the road at the ' Theatre of Dreams ' down at Old Trafford , and our own theatre down at The Riverside . However , the revived open-air theatres come with the new social-distancing measures , such as spaced seating , staggered arrival times , and no loos !!!!! , and also no interval breaks , so maybe no half-time interval for us and an immediate turnaround - that would be a change and maybe one not welcomed by the players as a virtually continuous full pelt 90 minutes would be tiring and may lead to injuries .

Hackers

LATE EXTRA
Mmmmmmm - could have read my Sky strapline wrongly , but got the impression more lockdown relaxations so large outdoor social gatherings could be a go'er in November 2020 or maybe in October or December or January or even February or March or .................................................................... baggsy all those months myself and billy bollocks to the dates .
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Hackers.

GAME ON ?? 3 weeks 3 days ago #12490

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Good to see 1 Member and 203 Guests online today at 07.10 am , but sadly and alas all guests as advised by Snapdragon and further reinforced by LJDV , our guests are all ' bots ' and non-humans . However , considering it's still close season for The Mighty Rams our genuine viewing figures are holding up nicely as bots can't choose a topic to read .
COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers.

GAME ON ?? 2 weeks 6 days ago #12493

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Your narratives are fine for me that's why we meet in our conference room weekly .. August FA Cup * League September . If I win we put the £50 into the club no we both give £50 to the club . That is my feeling for Ramsbottom United . El Tactico

GAME ON ?? 2 weeks 5 days ago #12495

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmm - well El Tel you've certainly put me on the spot with your intervention . I know that I'm a bit prone to ' Gobbing Off ' so I need to put my money where my mouth is , so can confirm I'll go along with your suggestion . I will check what I actually wrote in my earlier text about this money caper and don't mind paying out once , but don't wanna be paying out loads of £50 Quids . Think I referred to competitive League games only , so no FA Cup ties , no FA Trophy ties , no Integro Cup ties - just think on .
Nope got that wrong as just checked my wording . It is confirmed as Rammy's first competitive game covering all settings .

Cheers .

Hackers
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds