Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Away at Hyde United

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9483

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Looks like our home performances have taken a big dive, but hopefully The Rams still good on the road. Already lost 3 on the trot against Hyde and need to reverse that trend. A lot down to the Manager here as don't want Mark becoming ' Billy no Mates '.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9484

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Hackers wrote:
A lot down to the Manager here as don't want Mark becoming ' Billy no Mates '.
COYR

Can't speak for others, but I'm still fully behind the work Mark is doing at the club despite the recent set backs and criticisms

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9488

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Not much to say about that today. Another shambles :huh:
Big shout out though to Dean Hardy who had a blinder in goal. Well done lad. No disgrace at all, not at fault for any of the 5 goals. It could easily have been about 12!
Well done to Jack Corcoran at left back too. Nightmare to have to play your debut game against undoubtedly one of the best players in the league with no support on the left wing in front of you whatsoever. Well done Jack, put the best cross of the game in too.

Roll on next season

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9489

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
24 goals shipped in 6 games......
wondering if/when we're gonna manage to turn that around after today coz no disrespect to the management or players but we don't look like scoring at all let alone winning.

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9491

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 18
well! ...completely bemused by whats happened to our team, my last game was at Osset Albion and we looked a real team. Ok we had a couple of loan signings and the young lad on the left was a different class, but the rest of the team looked good that day as well.

But yesterdays performance as a team was absolutely dire, it looked like 11 individuals, I lost count how many times a pass went astray or the ball was just passed straight to Hyde player. I don't think Hyde were good yesterday, I just think we were really bad!

I know non-league survives through loan signings, its just part of the merry-go-round, players change constantly, but y`ve got to have a nucleus of regular players, I struggled to recognise quite a few yesterday and I think the players had the same problem.
Ive got to ask, do Salmon n Gassy not like each other? with a front pairing of those two we should be getting a couple of goals each game no problem, I can only remember one link up between them all game!

Maybe if one of our 3 chances in the 1st half had gone in then maybe confidence would`ve been lifted and then who knows, because as we all know goals change games, but after their 3rd goal it was just a case of hope they don't get too many, because we didn't look like scoring at all after that one.

Hopefully something is sorted quickly, because at the minute, we look like w`re on a massive downhill slide again!!!
cumonewerams. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Katie, Hackers

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9492

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
A five goal defeat which in all honesty could have been much worse. Enough said

As mentioned already, if it wasn't for some great saves from Dean Hardy, making his debut in goal, it would have been even more humiliating. A special mention also to young Jack Corocan who really had a baptism of fire yesterday against, as UkePunk mentions, one of the best right wingers at this level. You'll get the chance to show us all what you're really capable of in less testing circumstances in the future

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9493

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Excellent summary 4rm ' tanners croft ' so not much to add. Thought Damien Green played well in midfield spraying some great passes about, but we missed our midfield General and playmaker being Spenno. We also badly missed Darrhyl Mason's pace and aggression and willingness to want to get involved in link-up play with other forwards. Hope the dispute with Darrhyl can be resolved as this guy could play in the Conference tomorrow. Think eating ' humble pie ' is required maybe 4rm both Club and player. Can't let talent like this to slip our net.
Also well done to our Goalie who made some great saves and did seriously well to keep his composure.
COYR
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9494

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 176
Nothing much to add really, everything that could be said has been said.
Hackers: Regarding D. Mason. This was in last Tuesdays Nights Programme.
See attachment.

IMG_8037.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

Away at Hyde United 6 months 3 weeks ago #9495

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 121
Hackers wrote:
Excellent summary 4rm ' tanners croft ' so not much to add. Thought Damien Green played well in midfield spraying some great passes about, but we missed our midfield General and playmaker being Spenno. We also badly missed Darrhyl Mason's pace and aggression and willingness to want to get involved in link-up play with other forwards. Hope the dispute with Darrhyl can be resolved as this guy could play in the Conference tomorrow. Think eating ' humble pie ' is required maybe 4rm both Club and player. Can't let talent like this to slip our net.
Also well done to our Goalie who made some great saves and did seriously well to keep his composure.
COYR

I agree about Damien Green. I thought he tried hard to be creative and to bring some kind of team spirit to proceedings. I know he isn't the most popular player at Rammy due to comments he made when left the club the last time he was with us but the way he has conducted himself this season has impressed me, playing in whatever position he has been asked (left back, left wing, centre mid, striker) without sulking like others have.

I can't agree about Darrhyl Mason though. I do believe he has potential and his work rate certainly impressed in his first few games but his attitude wasn't right - we need team players. It's a real shame as he was an exciting player to watch He reminded me of Osebi Abadaki in that he was fast and strong and won us plenty of free kicks and penalties (which in itself is a useful thing) but also seemed incapable of putting a cross into the box. Someone said the other day "if there wasn't a barrier there to stop him, he'd just keep running!" and that is how it looked. He did play a great ball across to Gassy for his goal against Hyde at home though, before anyone picks me up on that one!

We did play some better football against Hyde, particularly in the first half, but unfortunately it was without reward. And some of the last ditch defending from Thompson, Roscoe, Linwood and Stott was impressive and encouraging from a commitment point of view. They are 4 players who I don't think anyone can say have given anything less than maximum effort all season anyway but it was good to see they are still willing to put their bodies on the line for the Rammy cause!

I really hope we put in a decent showing on Saturday. My uncle and aunt are up for the weekend and my aunt has never been to a football match before so this will be her first experience of one!!! :pinch:

Away at Hyde United 6 months 2 weeks ago #9496

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Spot on with your comments, can't add much more.

What a baptism for your Auntie this Saturday. I'm bringing the youngest grandson then; he's more excited at the prospect of coming to Rammy again (He lives in France) than I am. But, it may be one of those matches where the team clicks and we all go home happy.
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds