Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rams - v - Ossett Town

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 6 days ago #9497

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Posting this one early so as to leave the Hyde defeat well behind us. Saturday's coming match will be a tough encounter, as Ossett will be desperate to get the full three points to maintain their challenge for a top 5 spot and make the play-offs. The Rams will have to bring their ' A ' game to the match to get anything out of it, which is still possible, as I want our season to go out with a ' bang ' and not a ' whimper '. Still 4 games left and Ossett Town playing 2nite
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 2 days ago #9501

• johnharryayers
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Got to go back to 11th Feb since our last home win - so we are due one!
It's time for the players to play as a team and give the supporters something to be proud of.
I think that any Ossett Town fans who travel by car may well have the same problem of parking as we did when we went to theirs, so they might miss our first 2 goals!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 1 day ago #9502

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just hope the pre-match team talk includes a session where forwards are introduced to ' Golden Boot/Nothing to Prove Gassy ' and other forwards introduced to each other, with a view to link-up play, one-two's, and generally passing the white round thing to each other. Will it happen ? Not feckin likely says Mrs. Brown !
COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 1 day ago #9503

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 132
And there I was thinking it couldn't get any worse than Hyde last week.................F****** Idiot !
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by From the Darkside.

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 1 day ago #9504

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmmmmmm - perfect day - perfect setting - perfect weather - shite result. That's two 5 - 0 drubbings on the bounce now. Can't fault Mark Fell's team selection - Spenno back and Sedders too. On paper we are well good enough to hold our own against Ossett. However, reality paints a very different picture. So a bit of a conundrum really as to why the bottom has fallen out of The Rams performances ?
Well not really, as this home defeat goes a long way in solving that conundrum. The answer to the riddle must lie in the simple fact that the players have no real confidence in the Manager's tactics/formations.

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 17 hours ago #9505

• Rammy Blue
  • Thank you received: 2
The weather was nice and I enjoyed my half time brew.

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 13 hours ago #9507

• johnharryayers
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
URGHHHHHH!
Another day to forget!

Last 10 games - Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 7, Goals for 9, Goals against 34 and yesterday, I don't remember a shot on goal (by us) that required a save.

On paper, we have players with proven records that are well capable, but if they play as individuals and not as a team, it just won't work at this level.

I have a whole list of "for instances" in my head, (not least of which are the plethora of "school-boy" errors being made), but there are people with "better qualifications" and the availability of video recordings to sort it out. I'm not sure what is discussed/practiced at the training sessions, but somebody needs to "get a grip" !

We finish the season with 3 matches against teams below us in the league, so a chance to restore a little bit of pride and confidence. But make no mistake, if we don't start playing for each other, as a team, then none of the available points are assured.

Can't make the Goole game but should be at the others.

COYR! COYR!! COYR!!! - Give us something to really shout about!!!!

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 7 hours ago #9508

• Paramedic
  • Thank you received: 22
Maybe the club should've kept Fildsey and not Fell..... IMO, and from what i've been told...The problem is probably not with the team but with the manager... I've voted with my feet... too much politics behind the scenes for my liking... A serious re-structure is needed.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 7 hours ago by Paramedic. Reason: Spelling mistake

Rams - v - Ossett Town 3 weeks 3 hours ago #9509

• snapdragon
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi Paramedic, recent matches have certainly been an endurance test for supporters.

I agree with you that the club would benefit hugely from some restructuring. There's some great stuff going on Atherton Collieries we could emulate.

I don't know (and dont want to know) the details but it's a real shame that the Felly and Fildsey partnership didn't work out. I think they brought different skills and characteristics which combined well. However, Fildsey's continued venom on Twitter is indirectly disrespectful to Rammy fans and I would vote with my feet if any Rammy manager put their personal differences above the supporters.

Anyhow, let's see what the summer brings and hopefully see you at some point next season.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 hours ago by snapdragon.
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds