Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Goole

Goole 2 months 1 week ago #9523

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 2
Was the performance as bad as the scoreline suggests?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Goole 2 months 1 week ago #9524

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Very difficult conditions due to the wind which stopped any football being played. Nevertheless, Goole were an extremely poor side who will be relegated for a reason..........they are shite !!!!!

Still they beat us and more than deserved it :(

Goole 2 months 1 week ago #9525

• The Devils Guard
  • Thank you received: 7
There is a piece in the Goole programme that does seem to fit '' take away the wind that blustered Goole AFC forward in the first half''. it is a piece from the Lancaster City 2 v AFC 0 report - about Lancaster City they didn't try to play real nice football, It was typical Evo-Stik hoof it long. Back to todays game AFC had the wind behind them that helped them go forward but Rammy were mediocre in nearly every department, the second half the Vikings that must have been blowing up the estuary in the first half ran out of steam so we didn't get what AFC had a strong wind. Truthfully that made no difference to the way the game went Goole were and are fighting for their lives not by far are they a great footballing team but being in their position all they wanted by anyway they could was the win they got. With Rammy it was a disappointing display, people might put it as an end of season performance but that doesn't make anybody look good by a long way. Radcliffe Borough Monday I hope Rammy were holding back with their skill, their passing their energy and their want to win for this game, because this one is not an end of the season game This is a derby game and after Boxing Day shambles the Rammy supporters will want a WIN. Do it for yourselves lads then it goes around all the people that shout for you The Ramsbottom United team . :evil:

Goole 2 months 1 week ago #9526

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
well...
oh yeh, `ow do' and happy easter B)

As for yesterdays game.. we were shocking for virtually all of the game, maybe about 20mins of the whole match did we get any sort of play together, but the wind did play a massive part in that... it was blowing a gale, which spoilt it for both sides. We need some width, some wingers, someone to get to the byline and cross a ball in, when we did do this it looked good!
Also why do we keep trying to kick the ball out from the keeper when the wind is just going to carry it out and give them possession again, why do we insist on hitting long balls with the wind when they`re obviously just going to fly past our forwards at 100mph... gassy n seds were frustrated by this all afternoon... give them a chance, surely after the first attempt, you take a bit off, ...or just say sod it and have a shot, because that keeper was terrible and we didn't press him or test him.
Now a little aside to the football, in recent years theres been a push to stamp out yobbish behaviour at matches at every level, so again I`m astounded that we still hear chants from opposing fans like we did yesterday, I`m no prude, but c`mon we shouldn't have to hear `f`in c*nts' shouted at our players and `kill the b*stard' and nothing done about it... this isn't the 70`s with its hooligan problems.

erm plus points, well we only let 4 in instead of 5! ...we scored 2 and had one disallowed, someone other than gassy scored! it was good meeting up with everybody as usual, ...oh and the walk from the train station to the ground was only 5mins, ...yep not much to crow about at all really, so hopefully we can get one result before the end of the season, but from the last two games ive seen, it doesn't look promising and I hope I`m wrong, but I cant see us winning another game this season!

anyway, as always, good to see everyone and....

ewerams! ...cumonewerams! B)
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds