Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 17/18

17/18 1 week 5 days ago #9529

• Sheepy
Following on from darkside's last post in the Radcliffe topic. Big or little change? Who in and who out? For 17/18

No doubt a couple of defenders needed based on the goals against column. Seddon finishing means another striker in?

How long before we get an indication of the clubs plans for next year?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

17/18 1 week 5 days ago #9530

• InfrequentReg
  • Thank you received: 4
Jesus.

A bit keen this.

17/18 1 week 5 days ago #9531

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
As is the nature of football at this level, players always come and go. Just look at the number of players we've used this season.
Next seasons' squad no doubt will differ muchly.
Stability may not be easy to come by once again.
But never let the football get in the way of the football ⚽

17/18 1 week 4 days ago #9532

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 171
Haha...already, season has'nt finished yet it and its already started.

17/18 1 week 4 days ago #9534

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
If The Rams win away at Burscough this coming Saturday in our last match of the season, then we will end up on 53 points. If you add the 4 points deduction then it could have been 57 points, which is more or less being exactly mid-table, depending upon other results on the day.
Not to bad an outcome following our relegation year and certainly stops the ' freefall ' that the Club was in, so in short a consolidation season for us.
Now coming to the ' retention list ' personally I would retain the whole squad. There are no ' weak links ' in player terms. Looking back over the season, it seems to me that our weakness was not playing as a ' team ' on the field of play. It seems to me that our solid home victory against Radcliffe Boro last Saturday goes some way in supporting that viewpoint. We had Gassy on the bench to start with, and no Sedders, and Linwood injured, but still pulled off a 4 - 0 win against a good Radcliffe side, and the ' key ' to that win was down to ' teamwork '.

Hackers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlsbergx10

17/18 1 week 4 days ago #9535

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 171
Hackers wrote:
coming to the ' retention list ' personally I would retain the whole squad. There are no ' weak links ' in player terms. Looking back over the season, it seems to me that our weakness was not playing as a ' team ' on the field of play. It seems to me that our solid home victory against Radcliffe Boro last Saturday goes some way in supporting that viewpoint. We had Gassy on the bench to start with, and no Sedders, and Linwood injured, but still pulled off a 4 - 0 win against a good Radcliffe side, and the ' key ' to that win was down to ' teamwork '.

Hackers

Well said that man, Keep what we have and build on it, that's the management and the squad.
We all knew this season was going to be a challenge, the majority of people I spoke to did state at the beginning that they would be happy with a mid-table-ish finish especially after the torrid 18 months prior and thats what we have got, and yes the last few weeks were not the best but hey even the elite have major blips now and again. Lets go over to Burscough on Saturday, have a good day, hopefully bring back all the points then build on what we have for next season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers, tanners croft
Time to create page: 0.652 seconds