Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: All quiet

All quiet 4 months 1 week ago #9557

• Sheepy
Team like Hyde announcing players retained, friendlies and season tickets, nothing from the Rammy yet?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All quiet 4 months 1 week ago #9558

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Hyde United........... well there's a great role model for us all :lol:

Plenty happening at the club and sure all will be revealed in good time. Got a pre-season friendly with Haslinden St Marys on July 15th with a few others in the pipeline.

Anyway, whats the rush? we're still at the begining of May
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft, The Devils Guard

All quiet 4 months 1 week ago #9559

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 121
I'm really excited for next season but enjoying the thought of a few free weekends. Although I'll probably end up working most of them unfortunately!

From the club's point of view there's not really much point in announcing players as they can't officially sign for weeks yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

All quiet 4 months 1 week ago #9560

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
There's no doubt Sheepy isn't backwards in coming forwards. Would be good to have an inkling of what's afoot. As I've said before I'd retain the whole squad, and don't want our players getting ' tapped up ' and leaving us. However, I appreciate that the Chairman also must be involved in agreeing players contracts and the like.

All quiet 4 months 1 week ago #9561

• The Devils Guard
  • Thank you received: 9
A dark side in football is one word rush, and not Ian see you when the time comes pal Terry.

All quiet 4 months 1 week ago #9562

• The Devils Guard
  • Thank you received: 9
Well said Katie good signings don't come quick, and they are the ones we need. Terry. ...

All quiet 3 months 3 weeks ago #9566

• Sheepy
We have news, interesting the 8 confirmed players, more interesting the ones not mentioned.... Gaskell? Linwood? As these were not on the 'not coming back' list, are discussions ongoing?

Salmon will need replacing - can't let you top goalscorer go without a plan, even thought his consistency for me was questionable. Crankshaw was never good enough from what I saw.

All quiet 3 months 3 weeks ago #9568

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 121
Good news about the 8 who are staying with the Rams, all excellent signings. For anyone who doesn't know, the 8 are Dean Stott (who will be captain), Luke Thompson, Martin Fearon, Jamie Rother, Grant Spencer, Bradley Roscoe, Regan Jarrett and Alex Meaney. Olly Crankshaw, Ryan Salmon and Damien Green won't be returning.

I had been told a while ago that Linwood was retiring at the end of the season but nothing was said when that time came so fingers crossed he will carry on with us for another season.

As for Gaskell, I hope we'll see him back at Rammy but I know he didn't make the impact when he came back that he and we would've liked (yes I know he scored quite a few goals but nearly all were penalties). I guess it will depend on who he has playing alongside and behind him as to whether Rammy is the right club for him to be at.

I have slightly mixed feelings about the departures of Ryan Salmon and Damien Green. Ryan was the outstanding player in the first half of the season but then his attitude seemed to change and second half he was so disappointing. I'd have loved to see him stay if he got his head together as he was a great player to watch when on form but looks like it's not to be. Similarly Damien Green. I reckon he's an extremely talented player when at his best. He produced some superb football at times and I really warmed to him over the course of the season as he got on and did a job whatever position he was told to play in. But then look at some of the players who are staying: Luke, Bradley and Dean were so consistent through the whole season with excellent work rate. Martin has made a great impact since he joined. Jamie and Alex have worked really hard to get back to fitness. Regan has persevered to get his chance in the first team. That's what we want, players who will give their all week in week out. So excited for pre-season!

All quiet 3 months 2 weeks ago #9570

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
It strikes me that our ' retained list ' gives us a good starting out point for next season. At least we have retained an experienced and creative mid-field, perm any three from four - Spenno, Meaney, Stott, and Regan. Sad to see Ryan and Damian leave us. Will miss Ryan's aggression and Damian's exquisite touches. Need a forward line now and a centre-back. Hope Paul Linwood can do another season. Will await further developments. Pity that Ryan and Gassy just didn't strike up a working partnership on the field. It seems having two out and out centre-forwards just doesn't work.
Hackers
COYR

All quiet 3 months 2 weeks ago #9571

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I note from the Buried Times that Ryan Salmon has signed for the re-branded Radcliffe Borough. You wouldn't have 2b Einstein to work out he has been ' head-hunted ' by them, as he gave the Boro a torrid time in our end of season home game at the Riverside. A classic case of best to have enemies on your side.
I remember on one of our ' away days ' last season [ maybe Colwyn Bay ] and having stopped at the M-way services on the way down, I glanced across and looked at Ryan and Damien Green who looked a fearsome pair with their tattoo's on full display, and thinking glad they were on our side and not the opposition !
I think it should be mandatory that new incoming players should have at least the obligatory LOVE/HATE tattooed on their knuckles, and at least 5 other tattoo's on neck and face. We don't wanna be signing on namby-pamby ' choirboys '.
#letshavesomesteel

COYR

Hackers
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds