Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Caernarfon Town

Caernarfon Town 3 weeks 4 days ago #9602

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 139
A nice little away day in Wales yesterday and, despite defeat, there's plenty to be optimistic about for the new season. Two evenly matched sides and the game could have gone either way as both teams carved out plenty of openings in a pretty attack minded contest.

Luke Thompson put in a performance that showed why he was the clubs Player of the Season during the last campaign and he will be key to any success we have this season. Hard for him to improve on last season, but from yesterdays performance his best is yet to come. Great to see Alex Meaney back in action and, although not fully fit yet, he showed glimpses of what he is capable of and what we missed for a large chunk of last season. Young Dean Hardy, standing in for Fearo, had a fantastic game and looked confident and assured throughout the game. On a wet pitch his handling was excellent and was only beaten by a perfectly placed equaliser and a freak deflection for the Caernarfon winner

Up front we started with Gassy and Max who worked tirelessly and both were unlucky not to get their names on the score sheet. On the score sheet, however, was Tom Williams. An unusual choice we thought when he came on up front, but his performance and sublime finish for the goal suggests he can fulfill this role in some style when required. Alongside Greg Daniels, who wasn't playing, we have attacking players with different styles of playing and that should make for an exciting season coming up. With some width coming in, especially the impressive Aaron Fleming and Nathan 'Webby' Webb, we have some real threat in our attacking options.

My MOTM though has to go to Tom Brooks who was playing in centre midfield. Before the game, Johnny H asked me what kind of player he was to which I answered he was like a 'terrier'. Lo and behold, Tom then put in a performance where he battled for everything and never gave the Caernarfon players a minutes rest until went off injured towards the end (after chasing a ball into the area and colliding with the barriers) I wasn't alone in being more than pleased on learning that Felly has signed him up for the season and will be returning to the HWRS. Well done and well deserved, Tom

Looking good then in my opinion although I'd like to see a couple more players come in to fill some key positions, which I'm sure Mark and the coaching team are well aware

A final word to our hosts who have a wonderful set up there in north Wales and gave us one of the friendliest welcomes we have ever had on our travels
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft

Caernarfon Town 3 weeks 3 days ago #9603

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Great review of the trip Darkside.
As usual work prevented me from travelling. It's many years since I last went to the Oval but always enjoyed my visits there.
I will pass on your thanks to Caernarfon for the warm welcome and wish them well for the new season.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds