Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tadcaster

Tadcaster 2 months 1 week ago #9635

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Great 3 points against a good, well organised side imo. First 20 mins we were excellent and we need to be playing at that tempo throughout the game because at times we looked unconvincing when we sat back. Nevertheless tho Jerome Wright had a cracking game and is proving his worth as a top signing, great to see us dig in at the end too to hold on (unlike last season when we played Taddy at home!) Also good to see Tommo on the scoresheet and good vocal backing from the fans today! See you all Tuesday for the bay.....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tadcaster 2 months 1 week ago #9636

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Sadly Thommo has now been discredited for the goal!!!
The referee adjudged that Jerome's free-kick had already crossed the line, so he has now scored two on his debut.
Not a bad start!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

Tadcaster 2 months 1 week ago #9637

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 176
A tough match against a tough and tactically clever side, the lads dug deep and ground out a well deserved 3 points with no help whatsoever by yet another whistle happy attention seeking man in the middle (and his 2 mates), I can't fault any player at all, each and everyone of them played out of their skin, and on that basis of what I witnessed during the afternoon I feel we are onto a jolly good season that's if the officials let us play that is.
As for the Ram's second goal I thought straight away it was Jerome's goal but others who were nearer said it was Luke's, only on replays which I have seen can I confirm it was indeed Jerome Wright's. Gutted for Luke but I'm sure he'll bag a few during the season.
Now onto Tuesday where an even tougher test awaits the Rams (and the Ultras).

Tadcaster 2 months 1 week ago #9638

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Agree, it was a pretty tough start to the season and it didn't help with the Tadcaster players going to ground every few minutes, breaking up play and whining at the referee. We showed great team spirit and deserved the late goal to grab the three points. I thought Max was unlucky to get sent off. He had every right to challenge for the ball and from where I was stood it looked like it was the keeper who had kicked Max.He did admit later that the first yellow was a silly one to get, but certainly a bad decision to give him the second one.

As for who scored the second goal. We were stood at the side of the goal, level with the goal line, and it looked like Jerome's cross/shot had crossed the line before Thommo put it in. However, I'm not sure the officials would have given it as the linesman made no attempt to signal for the goal at that point.

Oh well, never mind Thommo, you'll just have to make up for it with a 93rd minute winner at Colwyn Bay on Tuesday :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

Tadcaster 2 months 1 week ago #9639

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 176
From the Darkside wrote:
Oh well, never mind Thommo, you'll just have to make up for it with a 93rd minute winner at Colwyn Bay on Tuesday :woohoo:

Now that would be awfully nice.....

But lets be honest anyone scoring the winner in the 93rd minute would be made a fans favourite with that one kick/head of the ball overnight.

IMG_8935.jpg

Tadcaster 2 months 1 week ago #9644

• The Devils Guard
  • Thank you received: 9
Hard luck Thommo but the free kick was one of the best I have seen in my time in football, far post hitting the bars inner stanchion then out. *Jerome one Classic goal* The Devils Guard - Terry M. ...
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds