Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Liversedge Result

Liversedge Result 3 months 3 days ago #9654

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 16
I judge, by the lack of posts, that most of us are absolutely gutted after yesterday. That is to take nothing away from the performance of Liversedge. In the end, they took their chances whilst we missed ours.
For the neutral, I suppose it was a decent game of football to watch, and approaching 90 minutes on the clock, no one would have said that a 2-1 home win was an unfair result.
But as we know, a game isn't over until it's over!
The players themselves must feel "the pain", but if they can take the positives from the game and learn from their mistakes, I'm sure that the club will have an excellent season.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Liversedge Result 3 months 3 days ago #9655

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
We really need to start killing teams off when we have the lead. Plenty of chances to further the lead on Saturday, but continued to drop deeper and deeper until the inevitable happened. I wouldn’t mind so much but Liversedge started to look tired around the 70th minute and we should have capitalised on that. We were never going to win this cup, but a vital revenue stream for the club has been lost.

Well done, Liversedge and good luck for the future

As for John’s comment about people not posting due to being gutted about the result. Not the reason I haven’t posted yet. Just a bit fed up with trying to keep this forum active with help from only a couple of other posters. Plenty of people read the forum, but very few seem to comment on the subjects being raised. The website is due to be re-vamped soon and if the forum isn’t used more, we might as well shut it down

Liversedge Result 3 months 2 days ago #9656

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 176
I too was gutted and can't add any more to what has already been stated above regarding Saturdays defeat..
A trip to the North East would have been the prize if we had held firm in the last couple of minutes, Sunderland RCA (Sunderland Ryhope Community Association Football Club) would have been our next opponents, shame that as I have friends up there who would have met up with the Ultras and would have surely come along to watch the encounter..

As for the forum I too think it might as well be shut down, lets face it, over the last season and a half it was just constantly full of vitriol ending up with a lot of falling out and friendships lost, nothing positive at all came out of the forum and the mention of shutting down the forum was mentioned back then, I don't think many tears will be shed if it does.
As for the Website which I have no control over I hear as Darkside states is up for a revamp, the sooner the better because at the moment it's a bit of an embarrassment.

Back to the footy, lets hope Rammy put Saturdays defeat behind them by taking some revenge on the previous two drubbings we had over in Hyde. Getting a result there will put quite a few smiles back on people's faces, Including mine.
See you Saturday.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by Carlsbergx10.

Liversedge Result 3 months 2 days ago #9657

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
No, it will be a sad day if this forum closes down. It can be a platform for healthy debate, a bit of a laugh and offers a variety of opinions from games for those unable to make it to matches. I’m certainly not advocating closing it down, I’m saying if it isn’t used more it will be when the website gets revamped. We’ve always had a healthy forum and it has been a credit to the supporters, especially when you compare our fanbase to other clubs. Take a look at Salford City who, despite getting many more through the gates than us, don’t have a much more active forum than us

As for the past issues with people creating aliases to stir up trouble at the club and within the fanbase, this hasn’t happened since the Garry Vaughan days and our subsequent relegation from the NPL, so do not think there is an issue with that

Liversedge Result 3 months 2 days ago #9658

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Missed the game as I'm currently in bonnie Scotland. I love our FA Cup days so I'm gutted I'll not even get to see us play in it this year.
As for the forum, it's vital for a club to have a healthy forum in my opinion.
I've been told in the past that we shouldn't criticize the team on here because they read it. Sorry but when people are paying money to watch they have every right to comment. By that I don't mean picking on individuals.
Anyway enjoy the next two games, which I will miss sadly.
Let's not let the distraction of possibly missing out on a trip to Wembley get in the way of our league campaign :)
Onwards and upwards hopefully.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by UkePunk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside

Liversedge Result 3 months 2 days ago #9659

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 10
I certainly think it's important to keep the forum going, as it does give folks the opportunity to vent (constructively) if they feel so inclined, and I do get a bit disappointed when I go on other teams' websites and they don't have an active forum. It also means that more people can see my opinion.

Regarding the match, I think Mark Fell's comments (at the end of Johnny's excellent match report) were relatively astute in that the goals we conceded were pretty abysmal, although I think it's unfair to say that the performance was unacceptable from start to finish, as I do think we edged it in the first 25 or 30 minutes. It's just that where we usually have that 20 minute slump in mid-game, it appeared to last for the remaining 60. Embarrassing yes, but fair play to Liversedge who were not undeserving of a result. And in the grand scheme of things, if the trip to Colwyn Bay left the lads exhausted, then a visit to Sunderland RCA would've done us no favours either.

So sticking with the positives- we can focus on the league, and other slightly more realistic trophies; we still have the strongest squad and backroom staff we've had for a long time; Garry Vaughan is nowhere to be seen; and as of Saturday at 18:00 it'll be at least a year before any of us have to return to Hyde. I won't be there unfortunately as I haven't had my jabs recently, but I'll hopefully see y'all on derby day (or bank holiday Monday as it's more conventionally known)

Liversedge Result 3 months 2 days ago #9660

• Heisenberg
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm as guilty as anyone for being a lurker and not commenting on here but it'd be a shame to lose the forum. Last year when I hardly went to the match it was on the whole good to read and keep in touch with events. Also a good chance to discuss things on here. People at work can only tolerate so much talk about a team most haven't heard of annoyingly.
Match wise was a quite a few positives to take, dominated big spells of the match, good performances in midfield and another goal for wright, unfortunately though failed to kill the game off, was also worrying how dangerous they looked when they started coming forward and it felt like rammy switched off a bit for all 3 goals. I was mildly cheered up by the non league Yorkshire website stating that rammy were 'Evo Stik Giants' and confused by the fact the non league paper must have been published on 90 minutes as it's got the replay down as tonight. Money aside I'd much rather have beaten tadcaster last week as they were a pretty cynical team, good luck to Livesedge in the next round

Liversedge Result 3 months 1 day ago #9661

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Ow do everyone,
. Yeh I saw that comment about us being 'evo stick giants', ...just shows how we're viewed by other clubs nowadays, once we get some consistent results to get us back into the prem div so we can live up to that tag.
. As for not commenting on here, I'm as guilty as anyone, mainly due to work commitments, but also as I've not been to any matches for a while.
Sadly couldn't make the liversidge game, but going to try again for Saturday as I need a top up of being abused by opposition fans and I'm sure Hyde wont let us down on that front! ????
. si thi
. Tanners ????
. uptheramsbottom ????
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds