Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 3 weeks 5 days ago #9662

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
A few of us made the trip to watch the Development Squad/Reserves last night against AFC Fylde reserves. Although the hosts had a much deserved 6-1 victory this was by no means a poor performance from Rammy.

Let’s not forget that Fylde are a full time club and their team included several first teamers, five who had played against Dagenham & Redbridge last Saturday. This included ex-Salford City goalkeeper, Jay Lynch, who is rated as one of the best on the non-league circuit (although he wasn’t a match for young Regan Jarrett who scored our goal in a one on one against him :woohoo: ) Fylde were lethal up front and as well organised a team in defence as I’ve seen for a while, so full marks to our players for carrying on battling until the final whistle

Much needed match practice for Alex Meaney, Jamie Rother, Aaron Fleming, Danny Ashburner and Ben Richardson who all did 90 minutes and I’m sure the younger players learnt more from the game than they would in a whole season of Under 21 games

Can’t see there being any better teams than Fylde in this league and it would be great to see some of you at future games for the Development Squad. A top night and an excellent effort from each and every one of the players :cheer:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by From the Darkside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 3 weeks 4 days ago #9663

• snapdragon
  • Thank you received: 20
Cheers for the write-up Darkside, sounds like the Rammy lads did us proud :cheer:

I’m definitely up for a few Development Squad games. Does anyone know if it is doable for the Development Squad to have a tab for the on the webpage for their Fixtures and News?...they are an integral part of RUFC and its future.

Just thinking… we have no first team games after 28th Aug until 8th Sept so wondering what the Development Squad have lined up then?

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 3 weeks 4 days ago #9664

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Would be great to have you on board for some of the games :cheer:

I know they have a Twitter page (not sure about Facebook), but would be a good idea to have a link on here. I think the next game is away to Workington, possibly next Tuesday, but not 100% sure. Think I'll be giving that one a miss though :lol:

I'll try and get a list of fixtures and post them on here, but for now here's the full list of teams in the league

ReservesLeague.jpg

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 3 weeks 4 days ago #9665

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Upcoming games:

30th August Workington (Away)
15th September Workington (Home)
22nd September AFC Fylde (Home)
29th September Colne (Home)

Home games to be played at Accrington & Rossendale College with a 7.30 kick off

I'll post venues/kick off times for away games nearer the time
The following user(s) said Thank You: snapdragon, The Devils Guard

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 3 weeks 4 days ago #9667

• snapdragon
  • Thank you received: 20
Thank you for getting all this information together.
Looking forward to some Friday night footy ... :cheer:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by snapdragon.

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 3 weeks 1 day ago #9674

• The Devils Guard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 9
You must be the missing link Darkside Than Q for these messages Terry. ............
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 2 weeks 5 days ago #9685

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
A very impressive 1-0 win up at Workington tonight, thanks to a goal from Taylor Jones (a young forward who has always impressed me when I've seen him play). Couldn't make it myself, but believe the scoreline doesn't do justice to the young Rams performance and could have been much more

I know a couple of supporters made the trip, a trip of proportions not seen since Scott went to the Antarctic (and I don't mean Scott Campbell) so a bit of detail would be much appreciated from those intrepid adventurers :cheer:

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 2 weeks 5 days ago #9686

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 175
Understandably travelling up to the west coast of Cumbria is a massive trek for a Reserve Midweek game and is a no-no for many, fortunately for myself and the other half we had a couple of quiet days so we thought we would make the trip up to Workington to watch the Reserves, making sure that this time we would stay overnight and avoid the long nightmare return journey back like I did last time I ventured up there to watch the first team play Workington, that being in the cup after losing out on penalties after drawing 2-2.

anyway arrived in a sun-kissed Workington mid-afternoon and checked into a hotel, dropped the bags and did a walkabout around town, our hotel couldn't have been better positioned, a mere 6 minute walk to the football ground, the less said about the hotel though the better.
Onto the game which was the reason we went up there in the first place, well what can I say, a superb performance all round from the squad, from the Keeper who might I add was mostly a spectator to the Forwards, they were hell bent on not leaving Workington without the points and boy did they prove that, only a small blip on the evening, Regan Jarrett had to pull out during the first half due to a hamstring problem which he stated was through sat on the mini-bus for 2 and a half hours, he did pre-match warm-ups but obviously not enough, he wanted to get back on sometime in the match after the ice-pack and a rest but didn't which is a good thing really, he didn't really want to aggravate it and make it worse.
The passing was sublime and a treat to watch and the defence was just awesome shutting out everything thrown at them, no-nonsense tackling was also evident, the only blot on the evening was the finishing, shades of the first team against Radcliffe on Bank Holiday Monday, how the match finished 1-0 is beyond me, their Keeper was in top form and pulled off some fantastic saves to keep Workington in it, stopping a good half a dozen shots on goal, fair play to Workington who didn't lie down, they kept on battling for that equaliser but just couldn't get it thanks to that Blue Brick Wall.
Every player deserves recognition including Taylor Jones who did well beating two defenders before sticking it in the net for that all important goal but there were a few players who stood out for me, Jack Corcoran, Paul Oldham, Dylan Kane and Danny Ashburner but for me the man of the match had to be Harry Foulds, they all played their game well but Foulds got the nod from me and with the First Team Mangement (Mark, Graham and Scott) in attendance that performance will definitely have not gone un-noticed.
anyway after a pulsating 90 minutes the whistle blew to the delight of the young lads and of course everyone else connected with Rammy, it made the Round Trip of 4 hrs 28 mins (254 miles) all the more worth it and thankfully no more long journeys like that for a while with the exception of Witton Albion although not as far still a bit of a trip.
Well done lads, if you carry on playing with performances like that you should have no one to fear.

onto the next one.

The Team:
1. Nathan Rogers
2. Dylan Kane
3. Danny Ashburner (Captain)
4. Harry Foulds
5. Seb Groarke
6. Max Naden
7. Jack Corcoran
8. Ben Davison
9. Taylor Jones
10. Jamal Branker
11. Regan Jarrett
subs:
12. Paul Oldham
14. Brad McKendrey
15. Tom Williams
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Carlsbergx10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside, snapdragon

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 2 weeks 4 days ago #9687

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Are you after my job of writing the away day reviews in the programme :P Excellent account of the evening, Carlsberg

I'd just like to add that I have also been impressed with what I've seen of Harry Foulds. Certainly another one to watch from the Lambs Academy

AFC Fylde v Ramsbottom United - Reserves League 2 weeks 4 days ago #9688

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 175
Thanks Daz, no way will i stand on your toes regarding away day reviews, im not that talented.

Regarding H. Foulds, i spoke to Mark Fell briefly last night and he spoke highly of him, possibly one for the future at the Riverside along with others who impressed.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds