Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Radcliffe

Radcliffe 2 months 3 weeks ago #9675

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Great result. Really good performance to go with it. Could've been 10 - my only concern right now is the number of chances that we're missing because it could cost us against the bigger teams. Best points tally we've had in August for a long while and up to 3rd in the table. Happy days but no time for complacency because Glossop will be tough opposition next weekend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Radcliffe 2 months 3 weeks ago #9676

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 10
I think mottty's got it spottty on there. Definitely need to be more clinical as a lack of clinicalness (clinicality?) will be the difference between wins and losses, and as Radcliffe are witnessing first-hand, it's a cruel league this season. Hopefully we got all the missed chances out of our system today, and all remaining efforts for the season will have the terraces bouncing. Hopefully.

Great efforts by almost everyone today though; players, staff and fans. I say almost, because the referee was just turd. The inconsistencies and bias could've cost us as much as our indecisive finishing on another day. Done now though innit, and staying positive, every player was great today. Everyone is fighting for their place, which you can see through the fantastic efforts the subs are putting in when they're coming on, and Ben Richardson was particularly impressive for me off the bench. Jez/Jay/Jerome Wright was brilliant from the start too. Might need a bit of a rest every now and then though as he appears to run himself ragged every time. Champ. Reassuring to know we've got ace options off the bench with Meaney and Webb waiting eagerly in the wings.

What a squad we have.

Radcliffe 2 months 3 weeks ago #9677

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 16
I agree with the last 2 posts.
It was a good result and a much more positive performance.
However, until we scored our first goal, Radcliffe didn't look like a team that had played 3 lost 3.
After our first goal though, we ran the game and as has already been said, could have had double figures with a bit more composure in front of goal. (but at least we are creating chances)
Fair does to Radcliffe though with some dogged defensive blocks.
Well done to all the lads - an excellent performance worthy of a better score-line.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

Radcliffe 2 months 3 weeks ago #9678

• Wanderer
  • Thank you received: 3
What a fantastic bank holiday weekend of football, great battling draw at Hyde on Saturday coupled with a dominant display over Radcliffe on Monday. I completely agree with what has already been said in regards to the missing of chances, we definitely need to be more clinical, especially against the so-called bigger teams in the league.

However, that to me is the only negative, yesterday again showed the pace and creativity we now have coming forward, the front three of Jerome Wright, Gregg Daniels and Max Hazeldine will be a match for most defensive's this season. The midfield has been superbly marshalled by skipper Dean Stott all season, who has been assisted by the 'terrier' Tom Brooks and Eddie Moran, who has really shown his quality in the last few games. The back four has been equally brilliant, Luke Thompson and Brad Roscoe are looking like a real duo at the back and the full-backs Sam Heathcote and Kyle Brownhill have made real impact, I thought they were absolutely superb yesterday. In terms of the goalkeeping department, Mark Fell now has a real problem on his hands, not only have we the ever reliable Martin Fearon, but also Danny Taberner who has been excellent in his first two matches for Rammy. Not to forget what we also have in reserve. We have not had a bench that strong in a long time, Rother, Meaney, Richardson, Tolani and Pierce, not to mention Gassy, Spenno and Ashburner who are waiting in the wings. To me they are all starting eleven players, but that just shows how strong the squad is this season.

I do not want to get carried away and make any predictions, as I appreciate that we are going to come up against tougher teams than Radcliffe in the very near future. To me the togetherness that the lads are showing is also having an impact on their peformances, as they are now playing as a team.

Just want to end by saying well done to Mark, Scot and Graham and the rest of the backroom team, great start lads! It is good to be enjoying watching Rammy again after our recent tough times.

Come on you RAMS!!!

Radcliffe 2 months 3 weeks ago #9680

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Noted that ' the gate ' was 319. Good to see a crowd of 300+ although a local derby on a Bank Holiday. Would be good to sustain home gates of 300+, as The Rams are playing attractive and entertaining football and have a big squad of players to fund. Can't help checking out the South Shields gates. They attracted 1667 at Scarboro. They will pose a real problem for us. I mean how on earth does our Chairman order the right number of pies ?
Hackers.
COYP

Radcliffe 2 months 3 weeks ago #9681

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
Some excellent summarising from my fellow Rams

A fantastic performance yesterday and, as others have mentioned, it could have been a much higher margin of victory. I think a lot of that was down to some last gasp defending and the ball not running for our forwards at crucial moments. On another day, as Motty says, it could possibly have been 10. So, our best start to a league campaign in many a year, and some much tougher games coming up than yesterday, but no reason why we can't keep this form going.

A sunny Bank Holiday, coupled with no league football, helped us get above the 300 mark and hopefully a few of these will return to the HWRS after that. Often in the past we have failed to deliver on the pitch when we've had a decent crowd on, so particularly pleased on that front

COYR :woohoo:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds