Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS - vs - GLOSSOP NORTH END

RAMS - vs - GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 3 weeks ago #9679

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Irrespective of all other results this coming Saturday, if The Rams overcome Glossop at the Riverside, we will move up to second in the league. How good would that be !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS - vs - GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 3 weeks ago #9683

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 123
That would be extremely good! Come on you Raaaaaams!

RAMS - vs - GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 3 weeks ago #9689

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Well. First of all what a game for the neutral. I have to say that was a great advert for the league and hopefully more people will be inspired to come and watch us regularly after that comeback.

As for the performance, being honest I thought we were dire in the first half. We got nowhere near them when they had the ball, we were passive and didn't get the ball down the flanks enough. They looked like a good side (especially Jude Oyibo and Courtney Meppen Walter) and had numerous chances to go in ahead at half time.

BUT

The character that we showed in the second half I thought was unbelievable, we looked like a different team and as soon as the crosses started coming in we had them on the back foot. Greg Daniels is playing especially well every week and it's great to see Jamie get on the scoresheet too after such a long injury. To say I am pleased right now is an understatement because we have so much heart and desire as a team and heads aren't dropping when things go badly for us (unlike last season). That was a vital win today against a good Glossop side and if we keep delivering these kind of results we could be in for a very interesting season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnharryayers

RAMS - vs - GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 3 weeks ago #9690

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Agree with Mottty except for his overall assessment of the first half. "Dire" ?; I don't think so, although it did take us a while to get our act together. Without doubt, Glossop were a very good side but the way the team played after going down to the early penalty was an absolute credit to them all.
Yes, I think we would all like to see more use of the wings, yes we would all like to see less hopeful punts up-field when there are easy passes available to keep control and yes we would like to see fewer cards for indiscipline and silly nudges (they could hurt us further down the line), but hey, we are in an automatic promotion position at the moment (I know it's early days) so something is going right!
Can't make the Trafford game but hope the "Fortress Riverside" holds up!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mottty

RAMS - vs - GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 3 weeks ago #9691

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
An excellent win to take us to the dizzy heights of second in the league :woohoo:

It wasn't just the result, but the overall performance and spirit the players showed yesterday that was particularly pleasing. It could have been a much different story as Glossop battered us for the opening half hour or so and looked a real class team. However, the players started to up their game towards the end of the first half, managing to carve out a few chances and snatching an equaliser at an important time.

The second half was a different story and we looked dangerous each time we got the ball into the Glossop half of the pitch. Apparently words were said at the interval and whatever they were, they certainly worked. For me, the most impressive aspect of the game was the attitude we showed after Glossop snatched an equaliser as we didn't let our heads drop and went straight on the attack again. Max coming on, for an impressive Ben Richardson, really added to the attacking threat against a tiring Glossop defence and it could have been more than four goals by the final whistle

We seem to have a fantastic spirit in the squad this season and that was one of the main reasons we won the game yesterday, and indeed for picking up other points such as Hyde last week. This new found spirit was summed up in the Cricket Club with all the players enjoying a couple of beers.........and Jerome Wright winning Alex Meaneys trainers in a game of pool :lol:

Another 300 plus crowd and if we keep on serving up entertainment like that there is no reason why they will not keep returning

Come On You Raaams
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers, Mottty

RAMS - vs - GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 2 weeks ago #9692

• Heisenberg
  • Thank you received: 3
Great performance. Rode it out first half against a strong glossop side. Sign of a good team though that it was all square at half time. Second half was fantastic, bit of a statement to win like that against such a good team. Impressive performances all round seems harsh to single someone out but Daniels is class upfront, no one's gonna fancy marking him. Took my cousin who lives down south, he absolutely loved it.
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds