Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017/18 Reality Check

2017/18 Reality Check 2 weeks 5 days ago #9682

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 15
A promising start to the season and the best August results for several years. However, let's have a reality check.
Last season, the 4 corresponding games produced 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss (7 points).
This season, 2 wins, 2 draws (8 points). So not a lot of difference overall apart from the goals scored/conceded (and a better standard of play).
Last season we scored 9 and conceded 9; this season we scored 8 but only conceded 4.
Now for our scheduled September games:
Last season, the 7 corresponding games, produced 4 points, with no wins, 4 draws and 3 losses. The number of goals scored was 6 with 13 conceded.
Furthermore, 6 of the 7 teams that we are scheduled to play finished higher than us in the league, so I believe that the reality check will be at the end of September.
I firmly believe that we now have an excellent squad of players, who seem to want to play for the manager and each other, and from what I have seen so far (including the pre-season friendlies), we have a realistic chance of returning to the premiership.
The supporters want it! So it's up to "The Rams".
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017/18 Reality Check 2 weeks 5 days ago #9684

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 121
Some interesting number crunching there John, thanks!

2017/18 Reality Check 5 days 25 minutes ago #9712

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Further to my previous post on this subject, I still believe that the reality check will come at the end of this month.
However, with the slight change in the scheduled matches in September, the comparison (to last season) is already in our favour!
Last season - just 3 points from the 7 scheduled games; This season - already 6 points with 5 more matches to play.
I endorse my previous comments about the squad; they are playing with and for each other, and whilst we still have to play the likes of South Shields, Scarborough and Droylsden (who I believe will all be "in the mix" at the end of the season), if we play to our potential, I don't think that we should fear any of them.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds