Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9693

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
No doubt tonight's League fixtures will dislodge The Rams from second spot in the table, but every chance of us regaining second place when Trafford FC visit The Riverside this Friday night.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9694

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
As expected the Tuesday night league results didn't all work out in our favour, so The Rams now 3rd in the table. However, and as stated earlier The Rams would move back up to 2nd with a home win against Trafford, albeit for less than a day.
Trafford's start to the season by their standards must be considered poor. No doubt the experienced and composed Paul Linwood will grace the Riverside turf again, but The Rams have the players up front to give him a torrid time. If we can get Jerome, Greg and Max firing on all cylinders together with some clever link-up play with Jamie, then a repeat of our second-half performance against Glossop would do the trick ! If we could keep that standard up for the full-ninety then it could be a bad bad night for Trafford.
COYR

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9695

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
I must admit that I've been surprised by Trafford's poor start to the season. They looked quite a decent side last season and have added some players over the Summer so I'm expecting them to be up for getting their season back on track against us. No room for complacency from The Rams and I'm sure there wont be from this side we now have. A tough game, but as Hackers points out we have the players to do them damage if we're firing on all cylinders. Some excellent Rammy performances and results in the league this season, so more of the same on Friday night please lads :cheer:

I see South Shields won again last night, in front of nearly 1,500 people :ohmy: , and look like it is going to take something almighty to stop them from another championship this season. At the other end of the table our friends and neighbors at Radcliffe got another thumping, this time at Hyde United, and looks like being a long season ahead for them.

Of course, last night I was watching Wales take a massive step towards Russia 2018 by winning in Moldova and am eagerly anticipating them going further than the English, again, in another tournament :P

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9696

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Darkside - thanks for mentioning South Shields as it gives me the opportunity to say something I wanted to include in my above posting. It seems their nickname is ' The Mariners ' and now realise that they are from Tyneside and we all know what a football ' hotbed ' that is along with other parts of the North East being Blyth, Gateshead, Newcastle, Sunderland, Darlington etc. Well the reason for this posting is to say that South Shields have been drawn away to meet Darlo in the FA Cup second round qualifying. What fascinates me is what would ' the gate ' be ? Probably in the 4000 to 5000 range, which is a fantastic advert for pure non-league football.
#hawaythemariners

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9697

• Heisenberg
  • Thank you received: 3
Fairplay who ever is doing rammy commercial on Twitter. You've got a few good retweets. With that and the main page it's an impressive social media campaign. Hope you get your just reward tommorrow night with the attendance.

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9698

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Yep nice to see the attendances creeping up again.
On a grimmer note, how's the pitch?
Weather forecast is shocking, we should be ok though at this time of year shouldn't we?

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9699

• Mottty
Another great win which we completely deserved. We're creating chances every game and tonight was no expection, we especially looked dangerous for the 15 minute period after Max Hazeldine came on.

Again though, fair play to the boys for soaking up the pressure at 1-1 because it takes a good side to find a way to win in tough circumstances. Fantastic effort from all involved with the social media, it's great to see #operation350 become a success and hopefully we can entice people back with these strong performances.

Finally, we have a must win game at Mossley next week. I've made it clear to a few around the ground that I think beating the bottom 6/7 teams home and away will be crucial to determining our success this season, so hopefully we'll see another good performance next week. COYR

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9700

• Heisenberg
Great game last night. Was worried at half time that missed chances might come back to haunt Rammy but second half Rammy were too strong. I didn't agree with the Trafford fan who said to me they'd never been in it. After half time Rammy again showed character to ride out a bit of a storm before powering on last twenty minutes. Would have been more if it wasn't for Shenton! Special mention to the small group of Trafford fans by Jack Wolfenden stand first half. "Ramsbottom make me want to do a poo because they are poo" could quite possibly be the worst chant I've ever heard.. Quite an achievement!

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9702

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
How good does that league table look this morning, especially after South Shields getting beat at Colwyn Bay. Second place and just one point behind the leaders who we now know are not unbeatable so lets hope we can keep this fantastic form going.

Another battle on our hands against Trafford and I can understand why they had drawn so many games as they had a pretty resolute defence. However, for the third home game running we broke them down and by the end we looked like we could score each time we got forward. Once again, the emergence of Max Hazeldine from the bench proved to be far too much for our opponents and added to an already potent strike force in Gregg Daniels and Jerome Wright. A mention too for Ben Richardson who is a great addition to the squad and has shown his versatility in the last couple of games playing in what is, I believe, not his natural position

Not sure how good Traffords forward line was as our defence were immense and they were not able to create many chances. As Felly said in his post match interview, its hard to believe that three of them are barely out of their teens as they played with a maturity well beyond their years. And how well do Kyle and Jerome link up down that left hand side ?

Loving the look of this midfield with three battlers in Stotty, Brooksy and Jamie who never give the opponents a minutes peace, breaking up play and getting the ball to our creative players. I went for Jamie as MOM on Friday, although all eleven were in with a shout of that accolade. After suffering a couple of bad injuries over the last two seasons, Jamie has come back with a determination that has to be admired and applauded and must now be one the first names on the team sheet. Excellent stuff, Jamie

Finally, the attendance of 369 was the highest in both the Evo-Stik North and South this weekend which was absolutely fantastic news. A special mention to Felly, Graham and Scott for pushing the game via social media, as well as the supporters who also played a large part in promoting the game. Your efforts certainly paid dividends and I'm sure a lot of those people will be returning to the HWRS with what they have been served up so far this season

Come On You Raaaaaaaams :woohoo:

RAMS - vs - TRAFFORD 2 months 2 weeks ago #9703

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Great postings 4rm Mottty, Heisenberg and The Darkside, and equally great to see The Rams still in second spot in the league. Good shift put in by Ben Richardson, but The Rams started running on super-unleaded and clicked into top gear when Max Hazeldine came on. There seems to be a natural understanding between Max, Jerome and Greg and their link-up play can be irresistible. A classic case of Max + Jerome + Greg meanz ' Goals '. Can't fault the Manager who has the best home record in our league, and still unbeaten away, but surely better to play your in-form forward line straight from the off - well why wouldn't you ?
COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Hackers. Reason: missing line
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds