Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kendal Town Game

Kendal Town Game 1 month 4 days ago #9720

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I feel as gutted as the players looked at the final whistle :(

Discussion on the way up there was focused on how the least we expected was some sort of reaction from the players after Saturdays defeat and we sure as hell got that tonight. Plenty of commitment all over the pitch and battling for every ball, mixed with some excellent attacking play, should have given us all three points, but sadly it just wasn't to be. A couple of lapses, from an otherwise solid defence, and an inability to score from the countless balls into the box left us with nothing from a game we deserved so much more from. An even worse feeling than the Mossley game as we didn't deserve anything there and hope the players aren't beating themselves up too much as all the supporters I have spoken to appreciated the effort, and at times scintillating football, so lets move onto Saturday......I, for one, am already bloody looking forward to getting our season back on track :woohoo:

Yooou Raaams !!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kendal Town Game 1 month 4 days ago #9721

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 121
Yep, totally agree with Daz. Some great football being played. I particularly enjoyed watching Marcus and Kyle - good skill and confidence from both.

This is the first time this season we've not got the result we deserved. Our 4 wins, 2 draws and the Mossley loss were all fair results in my opinion. Tonight we deserved more for the effort put in and the chances created.

After a much improved performance tonight I'm sure we'll be adding more points to our tally very soon.

Kendal Town Game 1 month 3 days ago #9722

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Can only echo what's already been said, great desire and commitment and miles better to watch than Saturday but the bottom line is we're conceding rubbish sloppy goals that are costing us points. Thought we put dangerous balls in at great speed but just lacked someone to get on the end of them...

Progress though, play like that again on Saturday and surely we'll pick up points. COYR

Kendal Town Game 1 month 3 days ago #9723

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Can't fault the effort that "the lads" put in last night; some excellent ball-play and some dogged defence when needed, but, when you have so much control of the game - as we did for long periods - you have to have an end product!
The goal that we did score was a "ping-pong-scramble" and there was one "oooh" (just wide) but there weren't many other threatening attempts that stick in the mind.
True, there were lots of promising moves through mid-field, but most petered out with a "final" misplaced pass or defensive block.
Are we missing a "hussle/bussle" target man up front? Possibly, because we now have players that can provide a service from width and our defence (apart from the occasional lapse in concentration) is quite solid but we need to score more goals than we concede.
We also need to be a bit more "savvy" about conceding free-kicks and understand that if you have heated arguments with the officials - the outcome (cards) will not help the cause!
We need to put the last two results behind us and get back to winning ways on Saturday. Last season's Riverside result was 1-1, so let's better that!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds