Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Clitheroe Game

Clitheroe Game 3 weeks 6 days ago #9733

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
A fantastic game for the neutrals. Problem is, I’m not a bloody neutral

I thought we had the game wrapped up before the twenty minute mark when we went 2-0 up and we really threw away the three points. Can’t complain with the attacking play and we could have been 4 or 5 up before Clitheroe got one back. Defensive lapses let us down again and if we can get that sorted we will be a real force in this league as the attacking play was quite sublime at times tonight, especially in the first half

Three goals away from home though and we still come back empty handed :ohmy:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by From the Darkside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clitheroe Game 3 weeks 5 days ago #9734

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Completely agree with Darkside's comments. We caused Clitheroe real problems in the first half, probably our best offensive display to date and the game should've been out of sight by half time.

But what I watched in second half was so so disappointing. To throw a two goal lead away in the manner that we did was unacceptable and as I've already made clear, IF we continue to defend like this: giving players to much space in the box, letting wingers get past us too easily, not being organised on set pieces etc. it will cost us success in this league.

Obviously we need to respond on Saturday which I think we will but hopefully the issue of defence will be addressed sooner rather than later. COYR

Clitheroe Game 3 weeks 5 days ago #9735

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Not much more to add to Mottly & Darkside's comments on a very disappointing evening.

For the first 20 minutes we played some lovely football, great to watch, then for whatever reason, we went off the boil, allowing Clitheroe to get back into the game. However, you do have to credit Clitheroe for getting back in the game and taking the chances presented to them on a plate. Had Tom Greaves' header gone in, I think that would have been it. But it didn't and from that point, we let ourselves down badly.

Saturday is a great chance to make amends and get back to playing well for a greater percentage of the game and not just 20 minutes of sublime football.

COYR
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds