Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brighouse Game

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 5 days ago #9747

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
A pretty decent performance from a make shift Rammy line up and, more importantly, 3 points to move us back into the play-off places. At 2-0 up I thought we were well in control and could have gone on to score more goals until Brighouse pulled one back. Not sure what happened with their goal, but didn't think they really threatened us all game

A couple of well taken goals from Sam 'He Scores When He Wants' Heathcote. Ben Richardson had great game covering at left back and is proving himself to be a good signing for the club. A solid debut from Liam Brownhill too, even if he isn't fully match fit at the moment

Overall, from the teams I have seen this season I don't see any reason why we can't be up near the top of the table come April, especially when we get back to firing on all cylinders

Come On You Raaaamss :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 5 days ago #9748

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
A much different performance than last weeks matches. We looked more like a team tonight, playing for each other, even with players out of their natural positions. After the second goal, we seemed to ease up slightly, but came through for 3 very well earned points.

As Darkside states, Heathcote did a good job up front and took his chances well. Pity he had to go off injured, hopefully, he will be OK for Saturday against Colwyn Bay. The defence did look more assured with Taberner in goal.

Overall, a positive performance.

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 4 days ago #9749

• Heisenberg
  • Thank you received: 3
Definitely agree on Richardson. You'd hate him if you were an opposition fan, I think he's great. Similar to Daniels in that they're up for a battle, the side this season seems like that. They've got a bit of an edge and won't be pushed around like previous years. Good victory with all the changes just a shame couldn't keep a clean sheet. We're a bit like Ossie Ardilies Spurs, you score 3 we'll score 4. It's great to watch but doesn't always come off. This team can be up there end of the season!!
Ps if FC United have got any other players who want to come over that'd be fantastic. The way the FC old boys are playing I'll drive them over myself!

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 4 days ago #9750

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Good to see us back to winning ways against a very poor Brighouse team who apart from their goal didn't seem to create a thing?
Sometimes you've got win ugly. I'll take the 3 points.
Well done to Sam, great performance.

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 4 days ago #9751

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Everyone's pretty much covered what I had to say. Good performance, well taken goals although I think we could've hit them for 3 or 4 and made it more comfortable on another day. Oh well 3 points is what's important, hope we step it up even more for Saturday when we face our good friends Colwyn Bay. Bring it on I say... COYR

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 4 days ago #9752

• BroxBlue
  • Thank you received: 15
If a 'newbie' visited the Rams website he/she would have to read the forum to find out the result of Tuesday night's game, that cannot be right. Not having a match report 48 hours after the event is bad enough, but not even having the score/attendance in the match centre section!!!! Surely we can do better than that?? It sets completely the wrong impression of an amateur outfit, come on Webmaster follow the example the lads are setting on the pitch. Apologies for the stuck record nature of this post!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside, tony

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 3 days ago #9753

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 176
Agreed BroxBlue, its embarrassing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 2 days ago #9754

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 52
Good morning,

The match report is on the website now. As many of you know, especially you Carlsberg who will have seen my updates on facebook, I have been away in Kenya for the last 2 weeks and, from Tuesday onwards, I was in Nakuru in the middle of nowhere with extremely bad internet connection. I am now home - got home late last night and up early this morning to do the updates.

If I am 'not good enough' - then I am sorry but I cannot magic up internet from nowhere!!!!

Oh - and Tony forgot to send me the team sheet .... and I haven't had any pictures from Frank from Tuesday night!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BroxBlue

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 2 days ago #9755

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
It's not that the work you put into helping out the club is not appreciated, but surely this is all the more reason to allow people to help out with the updating of the website

The bottom line is that it does not reflect well on the club at all

Brighouse Game 2 weeks 2 days ago #9758

• BroxBlue
  • Thank you received: 15
Richard, please accept my apology, it was not my intention to level accusations of "not being good enough" @ anybody who voluntarily helps the club, least of all you.
Yourself, Frank & Tony along with everyone else who carries out unpaid work on behalf of RUFC has my appreciation.
I hope you had a bloody good time on your well earned holiday, but in having to get up early to update the website after a late night, 48 hours after the game, you've kind of made my point for me?

The website match centre & those reading it are relying on an internet connection in the middle of Africa & you rushing to post the info, isn't that a bit bonkers when there's people willing to help out with a 4G phone signal @ the HWRS on a Tuesday night in the 94th when the ref blows?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds