Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Skem Away

Skem Away 1 week 6 days ago #9765

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Really looking forward to this one and I'm in good spirits. I very much think that this could be where we see our first away win of the season, so I hope the boys take something from Saturday and take the momentum into the Skem game.

I know I've jinxed it in the past and a few times we've thrown points away on the road this campaign but I hope as many travel as possible and really get behind the team. Let's make ourselves heard and be vocal in the hope that it will spur the boys on. COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Skem Away 1 week 6 days ago #9766

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
A trip to Stormy Corner eh ! Well let's hope the storm is in the Skem half of the pitch all afternoon, and they are under the ' cosh ' for the full-ninety. As long as I've watched The Rams, I don't ever remember beating Skem, but feel it's a good time to go there on the back of Colwyn Bay victory. Our confidence should be high at the moment, and the camaraderie amongst the players is good to see. 3 points please.
COYR

Skem Away 1 week 6 days ago #9767

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 121
As Hackers says, it's ages since we beat Skem (2006 at home and 2003 away in fact) so it must be time to redress the balance! I'm really looking forward to Saturday. You Rams! :)

Skem Away 1 week 5 days ago #9768

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Another one here looking forward to it and it will be my first visit to Stormy Corner, so plenty to look forward to. I missed our trip towards the end of our NPL relegation season, in protest against the manager, and think that might have been the last game I missed.

Not the best record away from the HWRS this season, but this could an ideal opportunity to get that monkey off our back. Its not so much that Skem haven't had the best of starts, more that I know this set of players are more than capable of beating anyone in this league on their day. Lets hope the players put that away record to the back of their minds and just go out and do what they do best

See y'all there folks :woohoo:

Skem Away 1 week 1 day ago #9774

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 10
One of the problems we tend to see is that there are always around 20 minutes at some point in the game, where we have a bit of a lull, and the let the opponents back in to it, or let them take over or something to that effect. Despite playing well for 70 minutes, that 20 minutes will always appear somewhere and ruin games for us.
The problem yesterday is that the lads played their socks off for the first 20 minutes, where we could and perhaps should have been three or four up, but then the remaining 70 minutes just disappeared into incomprehensible chaos. It was like we were trying to play at Skem's level, and just hoof the ball up the field, whereas we've been so strong this season along the ground, and it's fair to say that there is no such thing as a 50/50 aerial ball when it comes to rammy. 90% of the time the opposition will get there first - particularly when we're missing the likes of Stotty and Roscoe.
Let's keep it on the ground shall we? and for God's sake can we have no more injuries or suspensions please.

Skem Away 1 week 1 day ago #9775

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well still deflated after yesterday's Skem loss, but can't fault the Manager's team selection. Had two key defenders missing and without our Captain also. Thought the penalty decision against us was harsh as the ball seemed to just
ricochet through the wall and down onto the ground, but from my viewpoint I saw no intentional handball. Had a bit of banter with one of the Skem fans who spotted my Rammy scarf. He said " Heh Lah, is your Number 9 a carpet-fitter "
? Being somewhat surprised I didn't answer as I didn't know what Spenno did for a living, but the Skem fan answered for me by saying " Well he must be, cos he's on the f**king ground all the time ". :woohoo: To be fair though he did carry on to say he did admire his skills and passing ability. All in all, a bad day at the office. Roll on Tuesday and let's leave this game in the past.
Hackers.
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Hackers.

Skem Away 1 week 1 day ago #9776

• Heisenberg
  • Thank you received: 3
Gutted yesterday.. on reflection we played like a team missing two centre backs and captain. Even at 2 1 missed key chances that could have killed the game. Totally agree about 2nd half, was a mess. At half time I assumed it'd be a goal fest with rammy coming out on top. Ref was terrible to both sides but the penalty gave skem a way back in. The free kick as well, most weeks that ends up on the M58, with a bit of luck could have won but away from home it's not happening.. we've got a great squad but really miss key players. Like any team to be fair. This team on their day can match anyone in this division but need a break away from home pretty quickly though.
Fairplay to skem big win for them. Second half they were the better team.

Skem Away 1 week 14 hours ago #9778

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
On a separate note, must agree with LJDV about his aerial ball comment. I agree that 90% of aerial balls ended up in Skem's possession. Simply not good enough. It may not be from the initial challenging header, but from the spill off from the header when The Rams weren't keen enough to fight for the loose ball. Almost as bad enough as giving away possession like a wayward pass to the opposition. Must do better.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds