Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: STALYBRIDGE - REPLAYED GAME

STALYBRIDGE - REPLAYED GAME 1 month 1 week ago #9852

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Great gesture from the Club Chairman to give free admission to all for this Integro League Cup fixture. Will be a real loss leader for our Club on top of providing a coach to Scarboro which is another £loss in itself. Hope all non-league spectators are aware of this game this coming Tuesday night, and come down to the Riverside to experience what should be a very competitive game against a Premier division side.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

STALYBRIDGE - REPLAYED GAME 1 month 1 week ago #9854

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Looking forward to tonight's game. With free admission to all and the fixture widely advertised then should result in a well attended game with a good atmosphere. Hope the Rammy Ultras are there banging the drum. I think we need more from our midfield players. Can't fault their effort or commitment but need more accurate balls threaded through to the forwards, and the midfielders themselves contributing to our goal tally. Too many wasted shots being ' skied ' over the bar. I know Jamie Rother did score in the abandoned game and wish him well tonight. Will be interesting to see the Manager's team selection. At Scarboro we seemed at our best when Spenno and Heathcote came on from the bench !
COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Hackers.

STALYBRIDGE - REPLAYED GAME 1 month 1 week ago #9855

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Fantastic result.
Apart from the last 5 minutes, I don't think "Tabs" had a shot to save; and when required, didn't he save well?
A score of 3 - 0 against a team from a higher division should send shockwaves around our league opponents, particularly as we played with "squad" players tonight.
No disrespect to any of them because they all performed well.
The only "downer" for me tonight was the number of silly cards, which, in the long run, could hurt our cause.
Well done to all "the lads", an excellent performance overall, anyone for divoting tomorrow?

STALYBRIDGE - REPLAYED GAME 1 month 1 week ago #9856

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
A thoroughly deserved win and score line. Apart from the odd skirmish in the penalty area, we looked totally at ease all over the park with Stalybridge, who never really threatened. As Mr Ayres states, Taberner had precious little to do and when he was needed, he came up with the goods. The goals were all well worked moves and it could quite easily have been more.

It gives a lot of food for thought with the FA Trophy match with Altrincham on Saturday. With several players rested I assume, or on the bench, it gives Felly a pleasant headache for once. I'm sure the performance will not have been overlooked by the watching Alty people last night.

If we can show last nights spirit again on Saturday, then we have a every chance of doing well. Keep up the good work lads.

STALYBRIDGE - REPLAYED GAME 1 month 1 week ago #9857

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Great postings from Statto and Tobytrotter58 which nicely sum the job up. Another Premier Division scalp following our Shaw Lane home win. Do things come in ' 3's ' ? Can it be 2 down and 1 to go ? Altrincham will be certainly aware of last night's result as will the rest of the Evo-Stik teams. Fingers crossed for a ' treble ' which would be a magnificent achievement for our Club and players and a real feather in Felly's cap. Am told some of our Ultras have hired a tram. Well they do run to Altrincham. Well not actually hired it - just going by Metrolink ! Safe trip down to all.
COYR

STALYBRIDGE - REPLAYED GAME 1 month 6 days ago #9858

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
I've had a couple of people, who aren't regulars at The Riverside, tell me how impressed they were with that last night. Hopefully, we get some people coming back to watch after last night. Agree, it was an excellent performance, albeit against a pretty poor Stalybridge, and we could easily have had more goals if we had needed them

Bring on the Alty :woohoo:
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds