Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 6 days ago #9860

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Looking forward to our trip to Moss Lane. Just been cruising the Alty Fans Forum and it turns up some comical and some odd nom de plume's :-
Major Dickie Head - seems he's the Administrator
Timperley The Best
Jimmy Hill - R.I.P.
Evostik Shame ???????????????????????
Turd
Rage Against The First Team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One Foot In The Grave - might be two feet in the grave come 16.40pm on Saturday.

However, on a more serious note the Forum website goes on to say that Alty have one of the best home records this season in Tiers 1 - 7 of the football pyramid. Should be a fascinating encounter between ex-Ram Jordan Hulme up against Thommo and Brad. Think the Rams will still be in the hat for next Monday's FA Draw.
COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 6 days ago #9861

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Not exactly ' on the field ' topic but certainly ' pitchside ' . Alty's last home gate was Att. 974 against Buxton, so likely the gate for this Saturday will be 1000+. I'm hoping we can take the ' drum ' and make some noize. It would be good for the general atmosphere at the match if the young Ultra's who knocked shit out of the drum and chanted all night long at our Shaw Lane replay match were to get their botties down to Moss Lane. If any of them need transport, I will sort one way or another, but it could be a Ram on a Tram jobby. I'm sure fellow supporters will chip in for the fare costs.
Hackers.
COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Hackers.

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 5 days ago #9862

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Sorry to be seen as hogging the Forum with my postings, but this Saturday is a ' big game ' for The Rams, but probably not for Alty. Their Forum has picked up on our Forum postings and having re-visited their site it throws up some interesting responses. ' Turd ' reckons the gate will be nowhere near the 1000 mark as to them this is only a second Qualifying round for the Trophy. ' Major Dickie Head ' concurs and goes on to comment that we wouldn't be able to take our ' drum ' into the stadium ! which I find rather odd. It's not as though we are going down in a ' tank ', bulldozing the boundary wall and parking up pitchside ! Just to clarify my prediction for this game. In my earlier posting I said The Rams would still be in the hat for Monday's draw. This doesn't necessarily mean a win for The Rams. It means either an away win or a draw, so it follows that both teams could well be in the draw for the next round. Personally, I think it will all pan out for us like the Shaw Lane episode for us, i.e. an away draw and a home win for The Rams in the replay. Presume Alty's number one objective is a return to the Vanarama National League and wish them every success in that regard.
Nothing wrong with a bit of light-hearted pre-match Non League banter.
Hackers.
COYR

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 5 days ago #9863

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Alf says cor blimey riley. Can't even take a drum on the ground. Betcha its that ' Sarf London Alty ' that's put the mockers on the job. It's yer elf n safety innit gawn mad.
Up the Rams Bottom
Says Alf

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 4 days ago #9869

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
No doubt Alty deserved their win, but think the scoreline flattered them somewhat. A wicked deflection for Jordan Hulme's third goal and a soft fourth goal for Alty. A whole series of top saves by Danny Taberner throughout the game, so Danny don't dwell on Alty's fourth goal. Sad to be out of the competition and wish Alty every success in the next round.

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 4 days ago #9870

• Heisenberg
  • Thank you received: 3
No disgrace today. Good performance, battled hard was great to be winning for a bit. To be expected but Alty by far and away the best team I've seen Rammy play this year, played some great stuff, nice ground too, non league wise they're clearly a big club. Good experience today, it's a great team Fell has got together feels like they'd walk through walls for each other.

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 4 days ago #9871

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
Agree that Alty deserved the win, but not that the scoreline flattered them. I think it was probably a fair reflection of the balance of play. Danny Taberner, my MOM also, had to pull off several excellent saves and in all honesty it could have been more than four goals. I do hope Danny is isn't too down about the error for the last goal as these things happen to goalkeepers even at the highest level. I don't think I'm alone in saying that he has been excellent since he won his place in the team and that he has 100% backing of the supporters.

Despite the heavy defeat, I thought the players had an excellent attitude to the game today and we were beaten by a very good Altrincham side, who are flying high in the NPL for good reason, so no shame in that performance today at all.

Final word to the Rammy supporters who travelled in numbers and it was great to see so many of you there. The applause for Jordan Hulme, when he was substituted, showed real class :cheer:

Now, time for a couple of beers and a bit of UkePunk :woohoo:

AWAY AT ALTRINCHAM - FA TROPHY 1 month 3 days ago #9872

• Tobytrotter58
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Alty were just too good for us, John Johnson gave a real display of wing play, causing Dean Stott some problems. However, at the end of the day, the hosts were the better team. Great start though when the keeper fluffed his clearance, which was finished in great style by Sam Heathcote. Taberner again had a good game, forget the fourth goal, it happens every week to some one.

In the end, I think Alty were the fitter side, with just that bit more skill within the side. I brought a friend along, who hasn't seen a non league match in years and he was suitably impressed by the commitment the Rams showed. So much, he will be coming again when his Burnley commitments allow.

See you in a months time. Off to Oz tomorrow for some sun and the 1st Ashes Cricket Test at Brisbane.

Hope the Rams can keep up the recent good form. I'll be keeping tabs on the lads fortunes from afar.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds