Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: AWAY AT GOOLE AFC

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 3 weeks 4 days ago #9882

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Big contrast from last Saturday from playing top of the league away to now bottom of the league away. Hope to do well there. Nickname - ' The Vikings '. Fastest route is via M62 with usual traffic given as 73 miles and timed at 1hr 22mins. Postcode DN14 6TN. See u there.
You Raaaaams.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 3 weeks 1 day ago #9886

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well possible for The Rams to occupy 9th spot in the league table should we win away at Goole. Droylsden are involved in FA Trophy and Trafford are away at Tadcaster, so a good chance for us to get nearer the leading pack.
COYR

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 6 days ago #9887

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well, wasn't expecting that. Win away at top of the league, then lose away to bottom of the league. They do say that football is a funny old game - how true is that ! Will let Mr Haslam as ever produce his comprehensive match report but I must mention one thing. My ' man of the match ' wasn't Stewart. Although not the best player on the pitch, I'd have given MoM to their goalkeeper who collected virtually all of our corners and free-kicks. Why do The Rams insist on pin-pointing all dead ball kicks into the goalies arms ? What a waste ! but on the plus side can't fault our lads effort and commitment
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 6 days ago #9888

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
Oh deary me :ohmy:

We really should be beating a team that will struggle next season in the Northern Counties League when Gooles inevitable relegation becomes a reality. In fact, I'll go as far as saying today will be the highlight of the season for them. We were far the better side, but don't read too much into that as neither team comes out of that game with much credit.

As Hackers says, why do we have to deliver the majority of our set pieces into the goalies arms ?

I'll agree with Hackers that commitment and effort was shown, but only by some players in the Rammy shirt. One or two looked like they had their night out on the town on their minds rather than winning that game today.

Not good enough and undoes all the good work we put in by winning at Bamber Bridge last weekend

:angry:

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 5 days ago #9889

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Ow do fellow flock B)
Well that was probably one of the strangest games I`ve seen in a while. How can we have dominated a game so much, had so many chances... inc set pieces and lost to a team that looked woeful at best! as for the goal, that was a massive call from the assistant ref, me Lara and Rammys very own `david bailey' were stood at that end at the time and there is no way we could be 100% sure that that ball had gone over the line... and Frank has photo evidence!

Having said that, it shouldn't have made any difference, we should have been 3 or 4 goals up by then... give their keeper some credit, he did make sure he got everything first and was very commanding in the box... but those crosses, corners and free kicks did make it easier for him.

Also, as for MOM to be given to their forward player is almost as daft as calling us `brighouse' (who are we, who are we) ...I didn't enjoy last seasons trip to Goole and this season was no better, not my fave type of ground, ...too far away from the pitch coz of the running track, too dark in the corners and its always bleedin freezing lol ;)

On the plus side, it was great to catch up with the flock again... and the pie n chips were erm decent, I`m sure `darkside' has evidence of my scoffing as usual :) and both me and Lara will see you all again soon when `ewe rams' are back in Yarkshire!

Si thi B) #uptheramsbottom

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 5 days ago #9892

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
The obligatory shot of you tucking into your pie 'n' peas can be found here, TC

twitter.com/RamsUltras

Ah'll si thi soon :cheer:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by From the Darkside.

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 4 days ago #9893

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 123
Hmmmm..... What a disappointing day that was. We'd discussed on the way over our concern that having beaten top of the league the week before, we might slip up against bottom of the the league and we were right.

I'm with Darkside on this one, it just felt like the desire wasn't quite there in the same way as it usually is. Let's face it, we've seen quite a few away losses this season now, and generally we've come away feeling unlucky not to have got anything from the game and that the performances and effort were sufficient to feel like progress was being made, despite the result, but Goole was up there with Mossley for frustration from my point of view. As those above have said, nearly every freekick, cross, corner seemed to go to their keeper. Whilst he did do a good job on the day, I refuse to believe he's he best keeper in the league, so I think some of the blame has to lie with our players (and there were 4 or 5 who took the freekicks/corners) for failing to realise that time after time it was going to the keeper and doing something about it!

Anyway, I'm sure the players will have been gutted about the result and we'll see everyone firing on all cylinders tomorrow night as we've bcome used to. Up the Rams!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Little Katie.

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 4 days ago #9894

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Message for LK - if tomorrow nights game against Hyde goes ahead, - then I'm a Chinaman [ Hu Flung Dung ].

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 4 days ago #9895

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
An excellent match report, as always, by Scoop Haslam, but there is a terrible spelling mistake on the headline for it on the main page. Not sure who is responsible for it, and hope they don't think I'm having a dig here, it just doesn't look good :unsure:

AWAY AT GOOLE AFC 2 weeks 3 days ago #9898

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Velly happy game on !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds