Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 5 days ago #9890

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
If the Riverside pitch is anything like my back garden, which is sodden, saturated, and generally pissed wet through, then I don't see now how this game could possibly be a go'er. I understand that the Club have not been able to work on the pitch all last week due to its waterlogged state. Not looking good for Tuesday night.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 4 days ago #9896

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
I concur with Hackers!
The pitch is still sodden and unless there is an overnight miracle, I don't think there is a "cat-in-hell's" chance of the game going ahead.
To the Hyde fans I would say "keep an eye on the Evo-stik" website before you travel".
The generator and floodlights have been checked - serviceable, but the pitch is really in a poor state because of the incessant rain over the last two weeks.
I don't like "plastic" pitches, but it's times like this that I wish we had one!
Anybody got a spare £500K?
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 3 days ago #9897

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
For those not on social media, the pitch has passed an inspection and the match goes ahead tonight

Bring it on and ...................COME ON YOOOOOUUUUUUU RAAAAAAAAMS :woohoo:

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 3 days ago #9899

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 123
Somewhat surprised that it's on but let's wrap up warm and support the lads.

I have been pondering what I wrote after the Goole game and I feel it may have been a little negative. I'd just like to clarify it was related to one game alone and if the frustration was on show, it was because we have got used to seeing a higher standard of football this season than in the previous couple! We know what these players are capable of. We've got a great team this season and they are really starting to feel like "our lads" now. I will be at the game tonight with many layers on and a renewed enthusiasm!

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 3 days ago #9900

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Hu Flung Dung he say - velly happy game on

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 3 days ago #9901

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
Against the odds (as you already know) - it's game on!
That said, the water table is just below the surface so expect a "ploughed-field" after the game, if not by half-time.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 3 days ago #9903

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Little Katie wrote:

I have been pondering what I wrote after the Goole game and I feel it may have been a little negative. I'd just like to clarify it was related to one game alone and if the frustration was on show, it was because we have got used to seeing a higher standard of football this season than in the previous couple!

I'm with Little Katie on this one. My thoughts on the Goole game were not meant to be as critical as they probably sounded. We really do have a fantastic team at The Riverside this season after, as Katie states, a couple of dismal seasons before Felly arrived. We didn't perform as we know we can on Saturday, but the players will know that as well as anyone.

Right behind the lads tonight and hoping to cheer them on into the next round :woohoo:

COYR

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 3 days ago #9904

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Pretty sure that Mike Tyson didn't pull any punches, although he did get himself into a pile of shit. I think the comments we make directly following a match are the most telling and accurate. Tell it how you see it. Still a classy and intelligent forum, so no need for apologies or backtracking. It's still a well-viewed forum and letting a bit of steam off from time to time only makes the forum more interesting and popular. Nothing wrong with being controversial provided you can back it up. Remember the ' News of the World ' ?
COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers. Reason: missing sentence

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 2 days ago #9905

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Supporters of Barcelona and Real Madrid might be disappointed if that is served up in the next 'El Classico', but for me tonights game is what football is all about. Not pretty at times, but a war of attrition, in freezing cold conditions, under the Rammy floodlights for a place in the next round of the Integro League Cup.

Thought the first half was pretty even although Hyde carved out the best chances. The second half saw us step it up a gear and I thought we were most likely to score (we all knew it was going to go to penalties though, didn't we ;)

Plenty of heroes tonight, but step forward Danny Taberner with a couple of great saves to decide the tie. A great effort from all the players, and a perfect response to Saturday, on a very difficult pitch (special mention to Harry and his team for getting the pitch playable, against all the odds, for tonight) Apart from Danny's heroics, I thought Spenno had his best game since returning

Final word to the Hyde supporters. We've had some bad experiences with them in the past, but those present tonight were a credit to their club and wished us all the best after the penalty shoot out. Goes to show how a small minority can give a club a bad name, but respect to those in attendance tonight

Bring on the next round :cheer:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS -v- HYDE - INTEGRO 2 weeks 2 days ago #9906

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
Well said "Darkside".
I agree entirely with your comments, particularly with regard to the Hyde Supporters.
I would just like to add my praise for the overall performance last night.
It wasn't pretty at times but a solid defensive performance throughout, and some excellent mid-field work by "Spenno and Meanie", gave us the opportunity to win the match on penalties.
Two (and very nearly three) excellent saves by "Tabs" and some well-taken penalties by "The Rams", a shame that Jerome missed his, but Hey, you can't win them all!
Let's hope for a good draw, now for some divoting!!!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by johnharryayers. Reason: ######## predictive text!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds