Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 2 weeks 5 days ago #9891

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
It looks as far as league games are concerned we are either playing the top or the bottom of the league. An appetising game in prospect. Can't fault either the Club or the Management Team for our dire performance at Goole - so that's down to the players alone. Hope we are not developing into a Jekyll & Hyde team, with the fans wondering which team is gonna turn out on the day ! South Shields at home is the perfect opportunity for the players to prove a point and expect them to be all revved up for this game - no excuses says Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 2 weeks 2 days ago #9910

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Last nights win against a very good Hyde team might prove to be the perfect preparation for the South Shields home game. Don't think we've ever beaten Hyde but got a draw there earlier this season. We did collect some injuries last night, but hopefully our squad is big enough to cope. Do South Shields travel well ? We'll soon find out. Didn't travel well to Colwyn Bay and have no scorers in the top ten.
COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers. Reason: missing sentence

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 2 weeks 1 day ago #9912

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
As posted on the "Hyde" topic before the game, with the match having been played with the water table so high, the pitch is now in a dreadful state with just about every "foot-fall" and tackle having caused damage.
Add to that the freezing conditions throughout today, and the limited resources yesterday to do any repair work, and it is looking very dodgy for Saturday's match.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 2 weeks 22 hours ago #9913

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Statto - as you would probably know, the weather forecast is for much milder weather on Saturday. If the Club needs assistance i.e. boots on the ground so to speak, then it may be helpful to post a notice for the attention of the Supporters Club members, asking for assistance. I personally could spare some hours tomorrow and Saturday morning. We can't control the weather, but could double or triple the labour input in order to attempt to make the pitch playable. This is a big game for the Club in more ways than one. Much better from a financial standpoint to play the game on Saturday, rather than a dull Tuesday night down the line.
COYR
Hackers
Last Edit: 2 weeks 22 hours ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 2 weeks 20 hours ago #9914

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
Mrs Darkside has just informed me that Tony put out a few requests over the PA, on Tuesday night, asking for helpers on Saturday morning. Didn't hear it myself (I must have been in the bar or my hearing is worse than I thought it was), but would be happy to come down and help. I know the club have burnt a few bridges with some supporters recently, but if it helps get the game on, and increases revenue, me and Dawn will come down
Last Edit: 2 weeks 20 hours ago by From the Darkside.

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 2 weeks 3 hours ago #9915

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
An update on the state of the pitch.
Because of the severe frosts Thursday/Friday, Wednesday has been the only day this week that any repair work has been possible.
My humble assessment is that even with 100 persons divoting, it would take a couple of days to get the pitch anywhere near ready. "H" did try a heavy roller but it didn't even touch it - just riding over the frozen bumps.
The damage done on Tuesday night is soul destroying and I hope that the referee who declared the pitch playable on Tuesday is invited back tomorrow morning to do the pre-match assessment so that in future, he might take into account a grounds-man's experience!
To any South Shields fans who visit this forum, I can only apologise for any inconvenience. We were very much looking forward to the Saturday game but I don't think that there is any chance of the pitch being declared fit. Regrettably, that will mean a re-scheduled Tuesday night fixture with all that entails.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 1 week 6 days ago #9916

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
GAME ON!
(And I am "gob-smacked").
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 1 week 5 days ago #9917

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
A valiant attempt by The Rams to get back level but just couldn't quite get there. Well done to Big Sam for netting twice.
Also fair play to South Shields who edged it, partly due to them having all of their players in their positions for all of the time, whereas The Rams players were bunching down the left flank, which is what you get from having two natural left wingers. Having said that I thought Whizz had another good performance and can't be easy for him playing on the right.
For me Alex Meaney put in a great shift with some thunderous tackling and deserves to be a first pick at Droylsden. Sorry to see Danny Tabs limp off early doors and a big pat on the back for Ben for taking over between the sticks. So we go again at Droylsden on Tuesday night - let's get down there and support the lads. Ha'way the lads.

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 1 week 5 days ago #9919

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
An excellent game of football at The Riverside yesterday and we were so unlucky not to come away with at least a point. I was fearing the worst when their second goal went in and Danny had to go off injured, so credit to all the players for coming so close to getting a result against the league leaders. A special mention to Ben for donning the goalkeepers gloves and putting in an superb performance.

A cracking atmosphere with plenty of vociferous South Shields supporters travelling down for the match and what a great bunch they were. Real football fans who helped make it a top day despite the defeat

Coupled with the midweek performance against Hyde, the perfect response from the players to last Saturdays defeat up at Goole
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by From the Darkside.

THE RAMS -v- SOUTH SHIELDS 1 week 4 days ago #9920

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 123
I would say that was the most enjoyable loss I've watched in a long time. Whilst it was disappointing not to get the point we definitely deserved, the contrast with the previous Saturday was wonderful to watch. All we ask is that players give their all and that was obvious on the pitch as well as in the bar afterwards seeing several players limping around. No complaints here. Well done lads.
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Little Katie.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds