Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AWAY AT DROYLSDEN

AWAY AT DROYLSDEN 1 week 5 days ago #9918

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Goes without saying that The Rams need points.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AWAY AT DROYLSDEN 1 week 2 days ago #9925

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
Well, that was a right kick in the bollocks and no mistake :(

Not a lot in it, but we were certainly the better team and created the better chances. One shot hitting the post, another hitting the bar and one cleared off the line, so sods law that we concede in injury time. Don't think Droylsden ever really troubled us and the defence looked comfortable all evening. The whole defence were solid, but what a signing Jacques is and hope we can keep him beyond his initial loan spell.

No criticism for the defeat as the players put in another excellent effort and sure they were as gutted as us when that goal went in
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers, BroxBlue

AWAY AT DROYLSDEN 1 week 2 days ago #9926

• BroxBlue
  • Thank you received: 16
Just goes to show you don't always get what you deserve!!!! :sick:
Cannot fault the endeavour/application/work rate & attitude shown by the lads.
Special mention to the industrious Eddie Moran & Dean Stott, who manages to successfully combine running through treacle whilst covering every blade of grass simultaneously, not sure how he does it?!
However, if we'd taken our chances the game would've been tucked away safe as houses long before Droylsden's undeserved goal. Just need a cooler more clinical approach in front of goal.

A minor talking point about the Ref's performance, I though he'd had a really good game, understated throughout until he failed to red card the Droylsden number 11 for getting Whizz in a headlock & trying to pull his ears off!! :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

AWAY AT DROYLSDEN 1 week 2 days ago #9927

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Excellent postings from Darkside and BroxBlue which really sum the job up. One term that springs to mind is ' daylight robbery ' , but then again if you don't take your chances, you can't expect success. Certainly a fast-paced and entertaining game and was gonna write the most entertaining 0 - 0 draw I had seen in a long time, but not to be. Big pat on the back for our young goalie. Will be good experience for him and having to deal with the expected barracking from the Droylsden fans behind the goal, particularly in the second-half. See u Saturday at Ossett Town provided the expected snow doesn't put the mockers on the jobby.
COYR

AWAY AT DROYLSDEN 1 week 1 day ago #9929

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
BroxBlue wrote:

A minor talking point about the Ref's performance, I though he'd had a really good game, understated throughout until he failed to red card the Droylsden number 11 for getting Whizz in a headlock & trying to pull his ears off!! :angry:

There was also the incident early on when Greg was brought down by the Droylsden defender, Alex Frost if I remember rightly, when he was through on goal. Last I heard, if a player has a foul committed against them when in a goal scoring position it's a straight red. A total bottle job by the Referee, same as with the GBH on Wizz. Agree that he otherwise had a good game, but a couple of very poor decisions there.

As for linesmen, well they seem to be little more than decorative these days and don't have the balls to make any decisions themselves. Seen plenty of examples of this during the season and, yet again, we had another total pussy running the line last night
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by From the Darkside.

AWAY AT DROYLSDEN 1 week 1 day ago #9930

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 176
......and then there was a minor tussle in the side-netting at the back end of the second half involving Jerome and their Number 2, the ref had words with them both then told Jerome to shake hands with his opponent, Jerome refused to do so and started to walk away, the little Hitler with the whistle then threatened Jerome with a booking if he did not comply, therefore Jerome had no option but to shake hands....I didn't think that refusing to shake hands with an opponent was a bookable offence, what do I know.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds