Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Managerial Rumours

Managerial Rumours 1 week 6 days ago #9970

• Carlsbergx10
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 177
Due to the rumours going around in the last 24 hours regarding the managerial set-up at Ramsbottom United Football Club, the Chairman Harry Williams has released a statement:

“Recent speculation regarding the management team at Ramsbottom United has caused concern and worry for those involved.

I need to reiterate that the club is firmly behind the current set-up of Manager MARK FELL, Assistant GRAHAM LANCASHIRE and Coach SCOTT CAMPBELL, whose hard work continues to be fully appreciated by everyone.

We have had a poor run of results, which unfairly reflects the effort that has been put in at the club, and this has led to a number of assumptions, based upon rumour and innuendo, which are totally incorrect.

I have no doubt that the results will begin to turn, and have full confidence in the players and management team’s ability to turn things around.

Such negativity has no place at Ramsbottom United, and I hope that the supporters will continue to get behind the team as we enter the second half of the season.”

IMG_0778.png
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Carlsbergx10.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Managerial Rumours 1 week 6 days ago #9971

• Maxibo
Good news, think it would have been a step backwards. Still positive (even following a horrendous run) that it will be turned round- play offs are not out of the question and this team is capable of going on a winning streak. Stay positive fellow Rams.

Managerial Rumours 1 week 6 days ago #9972

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 11
Great news indeed. Agree with Maxibo, and I think the vast majority of the legit supporters; fully behind Mark Fell and his blue and white army.

No need for the rumours and lies. Fake news is SO 2017.

Managerial Rumours 1 week 6 days ago #9973

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 161
Billy Bullshit strikes again and the forum goes into meltdown :lol:

Good news, but lets not kid ourselves that, for a variety of reasons, we have been under achieving this season, but we certainly have the players to get us up the table. Time to all pull together and get behind the team starting on Saturday against Skelmersdale

Managerial Rumours 1 week 5 days ago #9975

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Pleased to read the crystal clear statement from the Chairman giving his full support to Felly & Co. Felly's first puzzle to solve is the conundrum of why so many talented and multi-experienced players don't seem to have consistency on the pitch, i.e. ;-
Draw away at Premier Div Shaw Lane
Win convincingly at home to Shaw Lane
Lose away at bottom-markers Goole
Win at home against Prem Div Stalybridge Celtic
Win away at league leaders at the time - Bamber Bridge
Lose away to Radcliffe.

All that is quite a big swing of the pendelum and has a few people scratching their heads, but maybe the answer lies in Statto's many postings.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Hackers.

Managerial Rumours 1 week 5 days ago #9976

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Hackers wrote:
Felly's first puzzle to solve is the conundrum of why so many talented and multi-experienced players don't seem to have consistency on the pitch

In my opinion the inconsistency is in results and not in performances.

If we add defeats at home to South Shields and away to Droylsden to the above list, and take away that woeful performance up at Goole, the one common factor is that we couldn’t have asked much more from the players in those games. I’d say we have seen some quality games recently, especially the South Shields and Shaw Lane replay, and certainly have what it takes to put a good run together once we start winning away.

Managerial Rumours 1 week 5 days ago #9977

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Darkside - thanks for posting a reply. Not gonna argue with you as your ' Thank you received ' way outnumber my own and your Karma is up at 4 - +, as my own fuckin karma is only 1, and what the fuck does that mean anyway ?
However since you have replied it gives me the opportunity to be controversial and brutally honest and list some ways The Rams can progress up the league.
1. Bribe the referee and his two assistants. Referee gets £6k and linesmen £2k apiece.
2. Bung the opposition goalie £5k to make some sly fumbles and let the odd one or two just slip under his body.
3. Have the ' big word ' with Jamie Rother [ listed as Bother at Radcliffe ]. He didn't bother anyone at Radcliffe and has
lost his mojo. Picked ahead of Steady Eddie and Alex !!! Doh !
4. Yves Zama ? Might as well be Yves Saint Laurent. At the very best a North West Counties reserve player.
You simply can't play in the Evostik with just 9 players .

Managerial Rumours 1 week 4 days ago #9978

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Yes results against teams we should beat on paper have been disappointing but I don't agree with singling out individual players on a public forum.
In defence of everyone regarding the Radcliffe game the conditions were atrocious. I don't care who was playing, anyone could have won that one!
As for Yves I like him as a player, you can't judge him or anyone else on that pitch and in that weather. As for Jamie Rother, questioning his commitment is just silly.
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by UkePunk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LJDV

Managerial Rumours 1 week 4 days ago #9981

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
I thought Jamie had a good game against Radcliffe. It was impossible for anyone to actually play much football in those conditions, but Jamie's commitment and support for his team mates was second to none. One of my favourite players of recent years at Rammy as you never get less than 100% from him.

As for Yves, he probably didn't have his best game at Radcliffe, but then that was probably more down to the pitch than anything else. I think we've seen enough in his two short appearances, at Bamber Bridge and Tadcaster, to suggest that more is to come from him. He looks like one of those forwards you would hate to mark if you were a defender. We also need to remember that he has been out for a few weeks and still needs to get back to match fitness
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds