Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- SKEM

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 2 weeks ago #9974

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Sorry to put a dampener on things, but not looking good 4rm a weather perspective.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 2 weeks ago #9979

• Wanderer
  • Thank you received: 4
Looking at the forecast it is meant (I know this is never the case) to be dry today and Saturday, which I hope gives the pitch time to dry out. However, dropping temperatures could also play a factor.

Really hoping that this game is on, especially given Skem's position at the moment. It will really give the team an opportunity to put all the rumours that have been floating about to bed!

COYR!!!

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 1 week ago #9980

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 185
My information is that the pitch is looking good and unless, as Garfunkel points out, we get a deluge of rain or heavy freezing it should be game on

Lets hope we get a good crowd on and lets make plenty of flippin' noise :woohoo:

COYR

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 1 week ago #9982

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Here's one for the teenagers

Can anyone name this young footballer, seen here in the colours of his first club, Skelmersdale United. He went on to win League Championship and FA Cup medals, as well as two European Cups

The first correct answer wins a left over mince pie :P

SteveHeighway.jpg

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 1 week ago #9983

• Wanderer
  • Thank you received: 4
With the tash, I am going for a young Steve Hieighway? (think it is spelt that way).

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 1 week ago #9984

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
A left over mince pie heading the way of 'The Funk' :cheer:

An excellent winger who went on to to be part of that legendary Liverpool team of the 1970's after leaving Skem.

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 1 week ago #9985

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
A good time to play Skem as they got stuffed at home last time out 1 - 6 by the Cables, and have lost their star striker Andy Owens to Welsh Premier Div outfit Connah's Quay. Would be really good to get our revenge against Skem for their win against us earlier in the season when I think Owens scored twice with a penalty that gave Danny Tabs no chance and later a three man free kick which outfoxed The Rams.
COYR

RAMS -v- SKEM 11 months 1 week ago #9986

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
A bit of a scrappy game in my view buts lots of endeavour from both sides. Unfortunate for The Rams to lose our goalie late in the second-half and to concede to a 94th minute equaliser to Skem. Hope Charlie's hand soon recovers from injury, and well done to Deano for going in goal. Noticed that Colne had a fab away win at Prescot Cables and seem to have hit some good form, so next Saturday's local derby should be a right old ding-dong derby !
COYR

LATE EXTRA
It seems to me that the number of regular contributors to our website forum has worryingly diminished over recent weeks, although the forum is well viewed in terms of the number of ' hits ' it still gets. If the forum needs to continue and be relevant and of interest to viewers then more contributors are necessary. There is no requirement for the forum to be politically correct and all types of postings are welcomed in my view on the basis of ' the more the merrier ' and ' variety being the spice of life '. Whilst the old Sunday newspaper the News of the World is dead and gone, in its heyday, it outsold all other Sunday papers and why was that ? Simply because as ' News of the Screws ' it was controversial and dared to go where other Sunday broadsheets and tabloids wouldn't go. However the Screws sold like hot cakes. If our forum is to be interesting and vibrant and able to generate a few belly laughs for both insiders and outsiders then diversity is the key and banter is King.
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds