Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- OSSETT TOWN

RAMS -v- OSSETT TOWN 7 months 2 days ago #10093

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
Probably our last chance to play Ossett Town as they are merging with their neighbours at Ossett Albion next season and will then play as Ossett United.
Hoping the weather doesn't get too cold, and with home advantage a good opportunity to get some much needed points on the board..
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- OSSETT TOWN 7 months 1 day ago #10106

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Pleased to see on twitter that covers have been put over the area of the pitch most likely to be affected by frost. Gives us the best possible chance of having a game tomorrow. Thanks to those who have been down at the ground this week getting the pitch ready.

RAMS -v- OSSETT TOWN 6 months 4 weeks ago #10111

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
Not a great result against a 10-man Ossett team. Also ' the gate ' down to 156 on a sunny afternoon when you would have expected the attendance figure to be in the 230 to 240 region. Looks like at least 70 to 80 fans have already voted with their feet about the Manager's selection antics. Hope we don't have to go down to double digit attendance figures before this selection farce is sorted out !
Also, can someone tell Jamie Rother that the actual goal-netting is below the bar, and the $64,000 prize for hitting Holcombe Tower full on simply doesn't exist !
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- OSSETT TOWN 6 months 4 weeks ago #10114

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
I don't normally like to "air" criticism of individual players on the forum and I don't intend to start doing that now
There were 1 or 2 solid individual contributions, but the overall team performance was pathetic. Playing against 10 men for more than half the game, we should have been able to run Ossett Town ragged.
We flocked like sheep, using just half the pitch instead of using width, and far too often hit hopeful long high balls, that without a "target man" up front, gave our forwards a 50/50 chance at best, to have any meaningful chance of doing something positive.
Stats:
After 28 games last season, we had 43 points and a positive goal difference of 3.
This season, 29 points with a negative goal difference of 9.
We need some results!!!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

RAMS -v- OSSETT TOWN 6 months 4 weeks ago #10119

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
It was a weird atmosphere on Saturday, It felt like an end of season game with nothing to play for, like neither team was that bothered. Perhaps that's how the players feel - we're not likely to make the playoffs and we're not going to get relegated - but it's a bit early in the season to have stopped caring. I couldn't particularly pick out one player and say "he wasn't trying" and, as JHA said, there were certainly one or two solid contributions, but it was just weird. I don't know what is going on but I hope Felly & co have the answer of how to get the players fired up again.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds