Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How many go down?

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10109

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Is it starting to get like that .........
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10110

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Ow do Richard B)
I may be wrong with this, but I think its only one team relegated this season due to a restructuring of the divisions... at least I seem to remember something along those lines.

Now as last season, I think Goole are trying their best to get relegated again... and like last season were they got reprieved due to clubs going under, it looks as though there could be another reprieve as the `ossets' are combining.
So unless I`m wrong, I don't think there will be a relegation this season.... please anyone feel free to correct me! B)

Regardless of this fact, we are in one of our worst runs ever and its comparing to our NPL relegation run of around 2 wins 4 draws and 15 defeats... I may not be fully accurate with those figures but its around that and now we`re on 2 wins 3 draws and 11 defeats.

As other people have said, we need a settled team, or at least a nucleus of a settled team, maybe around 8 or 9 regulars with only 2 or 3 changes now and then... or a regular squad of 20 who know they`ll be part of the 1st team at some point due to injuries suspensions.
Yeh I know this is non-league and it can be a merry-go-round, but we need to get some regulars playing.... bring in the kids if that helps, rather lose with kids trying than mercenaries just wanting a game now and then.

cumonewerams... uptheramsbottom B)
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by tanners croft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10112

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 24
I understand that the original plan was for just one team from each of the six divisions at our level to be relegated.
With the amalgamation (if approved) of the two Ossett teams, there would probably be a reprieve for one of the bottom clubs, but it won't necessarily be the Evo-stik North.
I believe that it would be the bottom team from the six divisions with the best points per game.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by johnharryayers. Reason: missing word
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers, tanners croft

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10113

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Nice one Statto - thanks for that. Also to Tanners Croft - I don't think that Goole will end up as the bottom club. Goole have strengthened their team greatly and won away at Skem yesterday. The basement prize will go to either Ossett Albion or Skem - you heard it here first.
Hackers

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10129

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 185
Just seen this article about the restructure at Steps 3&4. Looks to me like the changes will have little effect on us at all

www.clitheroefc.co.uk/news/201819-step-3...cations-2199169.html

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10131

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Darkside (and others),
The effect of the restructuring is:
(a) That Step 3 will change from 3 leagues of 24 clubs to 4 leagues of 22 clubs.
(b) That Step 4 will change from 6 leagues of 22 clubs to 7 leagues of 20 clubs.
This will reduce the number of league games per season.
How the Evo-stik league divides the 40 clubs at Step 4 (North/South or East/West) will dictate our overall travelling.
See ya!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10132

• Heisenberg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Looks like a chance missed to me and another southern centric manoeuvre. Makes no sense when northern clubs appear to be have better attendances and budgets. They moan about northern league clubs but then create another league run by the southern league, giving southern clubs more of a break travel wise again.

How many go down? 9 months 3 weeks ago #10133

• Heisenberg
  • Premium Member
After having a little rant I've read a bit more. West/East split could do Rammy a favour. On reflection I should probably have read it all....

How many go down? 9 months 1 week ago #10163

• Heisenberg
  • Premium Member
They've voted to go East west. No more trips to north east for Rammy.

How many go down? 9 months 1 week ago #10164

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Ow do B)
ooooh, I`m getting confused here, is it a change to east/west leagues, or west/east leagues? its important we clarify this or I could be needing to reset my satnav to find all these new grou....... oh hang on a min, just realised it means its virtually just going to be a Lancashire n Yorkshire division! no more roses matches :(

Mnnnn, personally, this does mean I`ll struggle to get to many games from now on, so next season we need to get promoted so I can go to matlock, buxton, ....oh and SPS n Sheff fc need to get promotion as well, yeh I know its selfish but hey ho!

uptheramsbottom B)
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by tanners croft.
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds