Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 1 month 2 days ago #10181

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 52
Temperatures said to rise this week, but still a big question mark over this game taking place as the pitch must be blanketed in snow. Would be an interesting time to play Atherton as could possibly meet them in the Integro Cup quarter-final if they can overcome Scarboro at home which for me is on the cards.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 1 month 2 days ago #10182

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Have had a few more hours now to digest and look back at yesterday's Goole match, and must admit I was surprised by the amount of positive ' team spirit ' shown by the lads. I presume Mr Fell was serving out his touchline ban. I know the next bit may prove controversial, but hey-ho as Tanners Croft would say. Apart from a few ' gee-ups ' from the line from Mr Lancashire, I thought the players themselves organised and engineered this victory on the pitch. Fair play to the Manager for a sound team selection in the first place, although I suspect Gassy and Sam Madeley were unavailable. I also assume the Manager was allowed a half-time team talk which must have gone well. Now here comes the rub. For the next game I'd advise the Manager to sit in the stand for the most part and stop being hyper-excited on the touchline and barking inane comments at the players. Several of our players are hugely experienced like Greg, Jerome, and Stotty from FCUM, Gassy from Darlo, Whizz from Salford and Warrington. It must irk these players big style to be shouted excitable inane comments from the touchline. I'm surprised they don't shout back saying ' shut the fuck up ' but for obvious reasons not the best policy to adopt.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 1 month 1 day ago #10184

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Don't always totally agree with "Hackers" but I'm with him on this point (Though it doesn't sit with "The Rams vs Atherton Colls" tag specifically).
I agree that some of the Manager's shouting from the touch-line may be appropriate on a school-boy pitch! and that there is sufficient experience in the Rammy team to make it unnecessary.
Plans, instructions etc., etc., should be sorted well before the players enter the field of play.
On the pitch, it is The Captain's responsibility to ensure that the team are carrying-out the Manager's instructions.
Sure, there may be times when a Plan B needs to be adopted, but this in itself should have been sorted before the match (during training).
The only exception to the above may be following an injury or or red card, when a re-shuffle is required.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 1 month 1 day ago #10186

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Monday today and big change in the weather. Seems a good drying out day, and hope it continues for tomorrow. Prospects a bit better now for the match taking place. Interesting to note that Atherton are now unbeaten in their last 10 games in all competitions, so will come to The Riverside with some confidence. However, our solid home win against Goole will give The Rams a boost also, so could prove a cracker of a match, and expect plenty Coll's fans to travel over to what is in effect a local derby.
COYR
#keepasettledside
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 4 weeks 2 days ago #10187

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Hard fought encounter. Great win and another clean sheet. So next up is ' Ha ' way the lads ' to Geordieland '. Probably our last trip to the North East in terms of league footy, so hope we can get a strong following.
#YOURAMS
ps Superb effort 4rm the ' Dad's Army ' on the pitch to get it playable for this game. Don't tell em yer name Crook !
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 4 weeks 2 days ago #10188

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 126
I really enjoyed the game last night. Obviously part of the enjoyment was getting the win, but it was also about the way the game was played and the general "vibe", even compared with Saturday (and certainly a massive contrast with the Ossett Town home game which was completely devoid of any atmosphere). It was played at a good tempo throughout and both teams played some nice passing football when possible.

Well done to the hard-working team of snow clearers who made the game possible (Frank "The Jacket" Crook, Jack Wolfenden, Alex Williams and John Harry Ayres) and to the players who rewarded them (and us!) with a win! Colls were certainly a step up in level from Goole and I expect South Shields will be another step up, but we gave good account of ourselves against them earlier in the season so no reason why we can't get something out of the game on Saturday (although being without Sam Ashton will be a massive loss).

Yooouuuu Raaaams!

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 4 weeks 1 day ago #10190

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
LK - why no Sam Ashton ? Who is his likely replacement ?
Cheers.

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 4 weeks 1 day ago #10191

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 174
Well, that was more like it and I can only echo the above sentiments. A totally committed performance, from the first minute till the last, and we never allowed Atherton to get into the game. A well deserved victory, although we really should have won by more than one goal. It certainly made the post match pints in the Cricket Club a lot more enjoyable and the improved atmosphere among the supporters was noticeable.

Onwards to South Shields for what will be a tough game, but if we put in the same effort as last night there can be no complaints whether we win, lose or draw. As for Sam, he will be missing as his better half is due to give birth on Saturday so I'm sure you'll all join me in sending them our best wishes :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS -vs- ATHERTON COLLS 4 weeks 13 hours ago #10194

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
What Darkside said.
Credit where it's due. Everyone put a shift in.
Much better.
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds