Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shooting Boots

Shooting Boots 4 weeks 1 hour ago #10198

• Maxibo
If only we had some- although it has been a disastrous run we have been on, only three teams have conceded less goals over the last ten games how different it could have been. Hopefully the new lads provide more fortune.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shooting Boots 3 weeks 4 days ago #10204

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 126
Interesting stat Maxibo. I've said several times in recent months that I feel sorry for our defence. When we lose it's often by just one goal. Our defence will have thrown everything at stopping many opposition chances throughout the rest of the game but one mistake costs us. And in the meantime we may have had several chances to score at the other end and not taken them.

Even though we're not in with a shout of going up or down the leagues, it'd definitely be good to have some more goals to celebrate between now and the end of the season.

Shooting Boots 3 weeks 3 days ago #10206

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
It should come as no surprise that teams with a positive goal difference will generally do better than those with a negative one.
Last season, all the clubs in the top-half of the league had positive goal differences, whilst 10 of the 11 clubs in the bottom half had negative ones,
The only "fly in the ointment" was Colwyn Bay, who had a plus 4 difference against our minus 17, but finished 3 points below us.

As things stand this season, the top 10 clubs have positive goal differences whilst the bottom 12 have negative ones. Mid-table, there are 7 clubs (including "The Rams"), with single figure differences.

So Yeah! Lets have some shooting boots!!

We have 11 games to play and could easily change our -9 into a positive.
If we do, (statistically) we will finish in the top half of the league.
A tough and demanding run-in, but, bring on the shooting (preferably scoring) boots, and I believe we can do it!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds