Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Walk on song

Walk on song 1 week 1 day ago #10228

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Most teams have one. We don't as far as I know.
We need one to fire everyone up. A northern song, written by a local :)
We need a proper powerful song about being a Northerner!
Much respected music website Louder Than War suggested in a review that this could very much be sung on the terraces at any football ground.
I gave you 'A seagull ate my pastie'
Now I'd love to donate this as Rammy's walk on song, for free of course :)
Come on Tony sort it out and I'll bring you the MP3 down.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Walk on song 1 week 1 day ago #10230

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 12
we were talking about this the other day in fact.. the music in general could do with a revamp; i was reliving all of my break-ups at half-time last weekend.
A signature song for then the lads are coming out would certainly help give them and the crowd a bit more drive. There's a time and a place for Adele.

Walk on song 1 week 23 hours ago #10231

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 174
There is never a time, and certainly never a place, for Adele :ohmy:

It has been noted by quite a few people that the music down at the ground is a little uninspiring and, as LJDV quite rightly says, could do with a re-vamp. No blame on Tony who just plays what he has at his disposal (although I had to check that someone hadn't spiked his pre-match cuppa with an acid tab the other week when he played some Hawkwind) :woohoo: I did discuss with Tony about getting some new music to be played on match days a while ago, but never got round to doing it so maybe now is the perfect time to do it in time for next season

We do have a walk out tune, the rather wonderful surfin' sound of The Ventures performing Let's Go (see below) which I really like and wouldn't, under usual circumstances, want changed. Saying that I think UkePunk's, From The North would be an ideal replacement, especially with it being a band from Ramsbottom and being about Northern pride

So, if we're going to re-vamp the matchday music has anyone got any suggestions for what to include to lift the atmosphere or you're going to be stuck with my choices.

Coldplay anyone ? :lol:

Last Edit: 1 week 23 hours ago by From the Darkside.

Walk on song 1 week 20 hours ago #10232

• Maxibo
Banana bunch intro

Walk on song 1 week 4 hours ago #10233

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 52
Like Darkside, I also thought we had a ' Walk on Song ', and if I've heard it once, then I've heard it sixty times. However, all things have a shelf life and maybe time to change for the new season. Have listened to UkePunk's offering and think it's :-
Very Different - which could be a good thing.

Distinctive

Could well ' catch on '.

A bit ' manc '.

Gritty and Northern

My only offering would be the song that includes the words ' when the going gets tough , the tough get going ' - a good warm up tune.

Best place to progress this issue is to initially refer the matter to the Supporters Club members next meeting and ensure it get's properly aired and not kicked into the long grass.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 hours ago by Hackers.

Walk on song 2 days 14 hours ago #10241

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 126
What about 'Riverside (Let's Go)'

There's also a version that starts "Riverside, motherf**kers!" but that might be a step too far! :ohmy:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds