Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD 3 months 1 week ago #10229

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
Firstly, good to see that The Rams are statistically safe from any relegation issues, even if Goole AFC win all their remaining four games. As for The Rams, another tough away encounter at Trafford, who are already in the ' play off's ' zone and will want to stay there as currently being chased by Colwyn Bay and Colne. Also another meet up with Shent's. Presume Thommo will be suspended, so we will certainly have to bolster our defence, but not sure how that can be done ?
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD 3 months 5 days ago #10234

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Good effort from The Rams especially considering we were missing a central defender [ Thommo ] and were further depleted by having two more players unavailable. We were always going to be vulnerable against set-pieces, corners, and crosses in from the wing. That proved to be the case with two headed goals against us. As Statto remarked on the drive back home, their sub who was 5' 20" [ 6' 8" in old money ] was always going to be a threat. Thought Ryan put in a major shift in defence, and Whizz outstanding again, and great strike by Jamie. In the circumstances, no shame to lose to a good side that will surely be in the play-offs.
COYR

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD 3 months 4 days ago #10236

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
11 wins from 37 league games this season.
Just let that sink in.

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD 3 months 4 days ago #10237

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 181
First time ive seen the Rams play in a while and i have to say i was entertained immensely in the Manchester sunshine, I thought Rammy were unlucky to not come away with something, they played well enough to do so. it turned out to be the proverbial game of 2 halves, first half the Rams deserved to go in at the break 0-1 following that subliminal strike from Jamie and the second half not so after being undone not once but twice from 2 headers one being scored from a player whom seemed to be the tallest man in Greater Manchester and surrounding boroughs. And once again sorry for my regular rant but there always seems to be a fly in the ointment every time I watch Rammy, that fly being the referee or should I say flies as his assistants were in it too, reason being the Rams should have had three clear-cut penalties towards the end of the match but the appeals were turned away, the officials just weren't interested, I'm not making excuses but that's been my bug-bear this season, just like the seasons before and the season before that and the season before that, the Officials can affect results just like this one where on paper it looks like another terrible loss (yes on paper it was a loss) but in fact should have been a draw which would have been a fair result against a promotion chasing side, regardless of the result I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon with the Ultras.

IMG_2676.jpg
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by Carlsbergx10.

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD 3 months 4 days ago #10238

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 177
I thought it was pretty even first half although, Jamie's wonder strike apart, a bit mundane. It had the feel of an end of season game which was somewhat surprising as Trafford are well in the mix for the play-offs and I thought they would have been more up for it than they were in the opening 45 minutes.

Not sure what was said in the Trafford dressing room at half time, but they were a different team in the second half and, in my opinion, were well worth the win. It helped that they were able to change things around tactically which, with our depleted squad, wasn't an option available to us. I know we have to take into account injuries, suspensions and some players having other commitments ( :ohmy: ), but after going through something in the region of 50 players this season it's a little dispiriting to see such a makeshift Rammy team (and 3 substitutes) out there.

The players put in an excellent effort and we couldn't have asked for anything more from them in terms of effort and commitment to the cause. We even had chances to grab an equaliser late on, but by the same token, Trafford could have also have added to their tally well before then. Plenty of effort then, but we can't escape the fact that we now find ourselves in 18th position and that is far from good enough

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD 3 months 3 days ago #10239

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Carlsberg, welcome back and good to hear your views.

Hackers
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds