Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- KENDAL

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 5 days ago #10235

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
The Rams currently 18th in the League and need to improve on our last season's finishing position [ 14th ].
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10240

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 128
Good result tonight. Another enjoyable game to watch (much like the previous 4 games) and great for Brooksy, Robbo and Whiz to all be on the scoresheet. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10243

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 16
It was a pleasure to see Robbo score last nite he still has so much passion for the club as shown after his goal and the celebration with the fans. It brought back many memories like the goal he scored at Whitby a few seasons ago and the fantastic celebration that followed. What we need is more players in the mould of Robbo who has Rammy in his blood.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by jimmacdonald.

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10244

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Attendance last night: 86. The lowest home league attendance since Saturday 16 April 2011, a 2-0 win over Alsager Town in the NWCFL.

Playing in that game for the Rams - Robbo, Gassy and Whiz!!
Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by Richard.

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10245

• BroxBlue
  • Thank you received: 16
Not been to as many Home games as usual this season.
Kind of ironic that the lowest attendance for years was @ a game that must rank as one of the most entertaining this campaign?
The line up looked rather attacker heavy to me but we kept control of the game in midfield pretty well I thought.
As Jim says Robbo is still the man although he did blot his copy book somewhat late on!!!!

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10246

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Just typical that, I couldn't make the game due to a late work commitment and I miss from what I hear and read was an entertaining game, absolutely thrilled for Robbo to get on the scoresheet since his return, also pleasing to see Wiz net another too, not forgetting T. Brooks who got the ball rolling. Only disappointment was the attendance of just 86, I can't say that me not attending was a factor, 87 would have still been poor, that's a drop of almost 200 to what the club usual gets through the gates. :ohmy:
Lets hope the Kendal result will bring a few back this coming weekend. :dry:
Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by Carlsbergx10.

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10247

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
I have just had a quick look - before Christmas, we averaged attendances of 277 (2493 through the gate in 9 games). Since New Year, 1728 have come through in 11 games, an average of 157. That is an average of 120 less people per match!

86 people coming to watch Rammy, the lowest home league attendance for SEVEN YEARS! The supporters are voting with their feet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10248

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 177
Excellent entertainment, especially the second half, and it was like rolling back the years with Tom, Wizz and Robbo getting on the score sheet. Great scenes when Robbo scored, but such a shame that more weren't there to join in with his celebration.

Which brings us nicely to that attendance :ohmy:

No escaping from the fact that if things do not improve the club will find it difficult to sustain football at this level. And what an absolute shame that would be after all the good work people have put in over the past few years to get Ramsbottom United to where they are now.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by From the Darkside.

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 2 days ago #10249

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 15
86 is pitiful. No getting around that. Like a fair of our results this season though, I don't think it's necessarily down to anything other than bad luck. Echoing Carlsberg, I was only unable to attend due to work commitments and I'm sure many others were the same. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't imagine Kendal were able to bring too many fans down either with it being a bit of a trek mid-week so that might have been a contributing factor.
The football over the last couple of weeks has been really enjoyable in the face of the adversity that the squad has faced in terms of injuries, suspensions and stunningly poor officiating. If Felly is able to stick to his word (and I for one have faith) and solidify the nucleus of the team, bring in a 30+ a season striker (or two) and get the younger players up to a standard of being first names on the team sheet each week then there's no reason not to be optimistic for the 18/19 season.

Everyone involved in a club has a part to play in it's success, and the fans really do have the potential to be the twelfth man and make a difference. The fact that Rammy managed to smash in 3 goals in an exciting game last night with fewer than 90 people watching shows how strong a unit they are. Imagine the difference having another couple of hundred there getting behind them would make.
Saturday is the last home game of the campaign and the weather's due to be scorching - by Lancashirian standards at least, so let's get down to the Riverside for the final time this season and thank the players and staff for every scrappy goal, last gasp save and pinpoint pass that we've been fortunate enough to see this year before the pitch (and soon the squad) gets a much needed few months' rest. We've seen some cracking football, shared some laughs and it's not been the perfect season, but at the end of the day, at least we're not Bury.

RAMS -v- KENDAL 3 months 1 day ago #10250

• Heisenberg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Great result. Must admit I thought the attendance was a typo when I saw it. Can't attend unfortunately at the moment but should be back in the autumn if all goes to plan. There's so much potential at Rammy hopefully the crowd is a just a blip.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds