Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The 2017/18 season

The 2017/18 season 2 months 2 weeks ago #10284

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Well, the season has come to it's conclusion and I would love to know the thoughts of the supporters.

For me, the basic facts.
2017/18, we finished 14th. In 2016/17, we finished 14th.
2017/18, we finished with 49 points. In 2016/17, we finished with 53 points.
We were 17 points short of a play-off place.
We used 53 players - although 3 of them didn't get on the pitch (Hindley, Salmon and Stinca)
5 of the 53 players played just 1 game (Greaves, Johnson, McGreavy, Uche and Westall).
27 of the 53 players (51%) picked up at least one yellow card.
A total of 87 yellows and 6 reds, according to the stats on the website.

Is that a good enough return? Two years - any progress?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The 2017/18 season 2 months 2 weeks ago #10286

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
A fair question put by Richard.
I'm sure the fans could reply with reams of text. Very much a ' status quo ' situation finishing in 14th spot, with a certain air of mid-table respectability about it. As to whether the season has been a success or a failure, I think the acid test will only come clear next season when we see the home attendance figures for say the initial 6 home games. A lot of Rammy fans have already voted with their feet and gone to watch Salford, Colne, Padiham etc. Will those fans return to The Riverside ? The only thing that will bring fans back is success on the pitch. The gate for the recent home game against Kendal Town was listed as 86. In no way could the Club sustain itself with paltry attendances like that, and I'm sure the Chairman would take action.
COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds