Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RETAINED LIST

RETAINED LIST 1 month 3 weeks ago #10313

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
Delighted to read the retained list of players on our Rammy Twitter pages. Like I've said before, if we can retain the squad that won away at Glossop, then I'm sure The Rams could secure a Top 5 position.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RETAINED LIST 1 month 3 weeks ago #10314

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 15
Agreed. 7 players you'd hope to see on the team sheet every week last season if Felly had had a full squad at his disposal (I wouldn't blink twice if any one of them had the captain's armband either), and one certain HF who really showed his class and potential when he was given his chance last season. Those lads that have committed already are the ones I felt were at the heart of the team so it's a real boost to see that they've really bought into the club and that there'll already be so much cohesion amongst the players going into August.
Hopefully at least a couple more will jump on board too before long (Ryan Salmon, anyone?), although I have every faith that the powers that be are working hard to bring in a few absolute gems.
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer break!

RETAINED LIST 1 month 3 weeks ago #10315

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Will await further developments, but hope Gassy and Sam Madeley are back to complete our forward line. Also as an aside and to keep the forum ticking over, I think the following teams will be the one's challenging hard for promotion and at the top of the league for the most part - Leek, Chasetown, Trafford, Prescot Cables, and The Rams.
COYR

RETAINED LIST 1 month 3 weeks ago #10316

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Great news that our goalkeeper Sam Ashton is returning to the Riverside.

RETAINED LIST 1 month 3 weeks ago #10317

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 177
I don't think there is any finer keeper than Sam at this level and had heard rumours he would be joining a club higher up the pyramid, so a real coup with his signing. Added to the other players who have been retained we have a very strong spine and one that should be pushing at the top of the division, especially if we can bring in a few new faces to compliment these players.

Hopefully, lessons will also have been learned about stability (football management/coaching is a learning curve after all isn't it?) and we'll see less reliance on loan players. Not against loan players, Zehn being a fantastic addition last season, but far too many who came in for a couple of games and, quite frankly, had a negative impact both on, and off, the pitch.

And with a little less bullshit and hypocrisy, who knows, the crowds might even start flooding back :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RETAINED LIST 1 month 3 weeks ago #10319

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
An excellent posting from The Darkside. A classic piece of Lancashire plain-speaking. It does what it says on the can jobby. Yep, all the fans want a ' settled ' side, and the retained list to date is a great start in that direction. Don't need to enlarge further on Darkside's posting as it says it all, but do hope ' The Management ' do cruise our forum from time to time to pick up the vibes from the fans.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds