Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Last Night

Last Night 2 months 4 weeks ago #10358

• Maxibo
Sunday morning Pub team 1 beat Sunday morning Pub team 0. Mr Fell needs to pull some rabbits out of hats from somewhere. Won't criticise individuals, it was collectively shite. Pre season I know, but the footballing ability shown was shocking/embarrassing. Here's hoping- the u23's manager from Morecambe was there watching- think they may bring the u12's instead on Tuesday.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Last Night 2 months 3 weeks ago #10359

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 182
Not been able to make any of the friendlies yet as have been away. Any feedback on today's game against Blackburn from anyone ? Heard some positives after the Chester game and Maxibo's post above just about sums up what I've heard about the Walshaw game

See you all on Tuesday :woohoo:

Last Night 2 months 3 weeks ago #10360

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
If that was Rovers 3rd Team , then I'd put money on their First Team to win promotion ! A good passing side that played at quite a quick tempo. There was only ever going to be one winner. Were they all under 23 ???????????
What was a bit disappointing was that this was The Rams third outing without scoring. Need to hit the back of the net against Fleetwood.
COYR

Last Night 2 months 3 weeks ago #10361

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Cheers Hackers :cheer:

I'm a great believer that pre-season form isn't always reflected on the pitch once the season gets underway, but have to admit that the lack of goals is a bit of a worry. A few friendlies still to play yet, so let's see what they bring

Last Night 2 months 3 weeks ago #10362

• Maxibo
I must have been watching a different game to the report . Not remotely looked liked scoring in 270 minutes now and what has been on show is a step down from last season 're personnel. All about opinions innit.

Last Night 2 months 3 weeks ago #10363

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Didn't make last night's game versus Fleetwood but good to hear that The Rams put away three goals in their onion bag. Pleased to hear that Dom Marie opened his goalscoring account with us. Apparently a game of two-halves ??
A win against any Football League side no matter what team they fielded is a feather in Rammy's cap.
Next up Nelson - onwards and upwards.

COYR

Last Night 2 months 3 weeks ago #10364

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
A game of two halves indeed, Hackers

The first forty five was pretty poor and some of the trialists on show will be lucky to end up as bench warmers in the North West Counties. Would have liked to see some of the young Under 21 players get a run out, rather than some of the trialists, as we'll never know if they are good enough if we don't give them game time with the seniors

A few changes at half time and we looked a completely different team in the second half. A well deserved victory

I was impressed with 'Trialist Number 8', who turned out to be Jack Higgs, and more than happy to hear we have now signed him up. A busy little midfielder who wasn't afraid of making a tackle. Looked decent going forward and topped off his night with a rather splendid goal. Welcome to The Riverside, Jack

The two full backs also looked solid in a position where it's not always easy to shine (the right back looked familiar and was with us for a short spell last season, but can't recall his name right now)

Onwards to Nelson it is then
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

Last Night 2 months 2 weeks ago #10365

• Maxibo
We're doomed, doooooooomed Mr Mainwaring

Last Night 2 months 2 weeks ago #10366

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Don't be fooled by the scoreline yesterday as that was a very poor performance.

An excellent team goal in the first minute and after that we became more and more reliant on hoofing the ball up field to no-one in particular. Some decent individual performances from players, but overall we looked totally disjointed and with just a couple of friendlies to go before the season starts this is a major worry. Yes, we have some injuries, and players on holiday, but why are we still looking at trialists so close to the end of pre-season ?

As for the kick off time being moved to 2.00 due to a function at the ground, well none of the Nelson officials I spoke to had the slightest idea what I was talking about. Anyone else smelling bullshit ? :angry:

Last Night 2 months 2 weeks ago #10367

• Maxibo
Whizz was best by far, Tommo and Jerome reasonably steady, after that I would struggle to give a mark close to average for anyone. As mentioned, some players on holiday and some injured but even with those back we are still well short of a team/squad. We will have to defend resolutely as can't see us matching last season's goal tally unless we can find a striker, it is a collective worry from those I have spoken to.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds