Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Rams -vs - Market Drayton Town

The Rams -vs - Market Drayton Town 1 week 15 hours ago #10390

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53
Not easy to predict how The Rams will start off the season. It seems to me that they have had a very mixed pre-season of friendlies as regards results. Good that the opening game of the new season is at home, as the next four games are all away. Considering Market Drayton finished in 21st position in Div 1 South last season, and The Rams have home advantage then I reckon we will win this game. Tough games follow at Colne and Atherton Coll's interspersed with a trip to Kidsgrove Athletic in an FA Cup Prelim tie. Last of the spell of away games we travel to Mossley. Interesting to note what forummies would consider a good start to the season ? I don't think that we can reasonably expect The Rams to win all 5 games. For me success would be beating MDT, knocking Kidsgrove Athletic out of the FA Cup , replay or not , and then drawing away at both Colne and Atherton, and getting a result at Mossley [ at least a draw ]. That would leave The Rams unbeaten with 6 or 8 points in the bag and in the upper half of the table.
All comments welcomed, even if they are spikey , gloomy , controversial or preposterous !!
Dip your bread.
Hackers
Last Edit: 1 week 15 hours ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Rams -vs - Market Drayton Town 5 days 5 hours ago #10404

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
We averaged 1.36 points per game in the 16/17 season (1.48 at home and 1.24 away) - I've not subtracted the 4 points we were docked that season - and 1.14 points per game last season (1.67 at home and 0.62 away). To show a real improvement and be in with a chance of playoffs we're looking at more like 1.75 points per game I reckon, and a massive turn around in our away form from last season (only 3 away wins all season in the league). That'd mean 7 points from our first 4 games so 2 wins and a draw. Not completely out of the question but based on previous performances against those teams,we'll need to do a whole lot better than last season (lost away in the league to all 3 of Colne, Colls and Mossley).

We undoubtedly have talented players who are easily good enough for this level, but it's now the management team's job to get them playing as a team and not allow the season to be disrupted by a load of comings and goings again.
Last Edit: 5 days 5 hours ago by Little Katie. Reason: removal of over negative comment

The Rams -vs - Market Drayton Town 4 days 17 hours ago #10407

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Ow do B)
Just had a look into my crystal ball (worked ok last season and ive put fresh batteries in it) and i reckon.. a winning start to the season, beating MDT by at least 2 goals! also a win away at Colne! (especially as they`ve not got so many ex rams this season) ...then sadly a defeat at Colls (think they`ll be in`t play offs) and I`m going for a draw at Mossley.
So, 2 wins, a draw and a defeat... same as LK`s suggestion really, though tbh, 1 win and 2 draws wouldnt be a bad start, but I`ll stick with my prediction.

uptheramsbottom (cant find a sheep on`t emoji`s)
Tanners B)

The Rams -vs - Market Drayton Town 1 day 15 hours ago #10420

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 181
I'm sure Hackers, in his teenage beatnik days, remembers Gene Pitney being 24 Hours From Tulsa but never mind that as were only 24 hours from the big kick off :woohoo: Alongside Boxing Day, the opening day of the season has to be my favourite and really looking forward to our game against Market Drayton tomorrow.

I've aired my criticisms of the manager recently, but praise is deserved in that he seems to have assembled what looks like a strong squad (see Player Profiles on the home page if you haven't seen them already) for this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Tom Kennedy can bring to the team, especially if he links up with Wizz as well as he did last week against Lancaster. I think we have been waiting for international clearance for Tom (from the Welsh FA) so hope that has been resolved in time for tomorrow. Also hoping Thommo and Gregg have overcome their injuries to give us some selection headaches

See you all tomorrow, lets create some atmosphere and in case you forgot.............

A Seagull Ate My Pastie
A Seagull Ate My Pastie
In Colwyn Bay
In Colwyn Bay

:cheer:
Last Edit: 1 day 15 hours ago by From the Darkside.

The Rams -vs - Market Drayton Town 10 hours 29 minutes ago #10423

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Good start! I'm up in Scotland at the moment, how was the game?
I hope Nuggets McCann was wearing his new UkePunk t-shirt?!
Last Edit: 10 hours 28 minutes ago by UkePunk.

The Rams -vs - Market Drayton Town 8 hours 47 minutes ago #10424

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
The first half was really good with plenty of chances for the Rams (particularly on the left from Whiz and Nathan Brown). The second half was slightly less energetic but we undoubtedly deserved the 3 points. Encouraging.
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds