Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AWAY AT MOSSLEY

AWAY AT MOSSLEY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10451

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Can't make this fixture as will be on hols up Bonnie Scoatland, but noteworthy to say Mossley unbeaten in the League to date and have maximum points being 9 and currently second in the table. Having said that, The Rams also in a rich vein of form from the away win at Atherton, so a hotly contested game on the cards.
COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AWAY AT MOSSLEY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10457

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 184
A special mention for Phil 'Wizz' Dean today who will be making his 300th appearance in a Rammy shirt. An amazing feat at any level of the game and if he didn't already have Legend status at The Riverside this would surely push him into this category

Cheers for all your efforts over the years Wizz :cheer:

Wizz2.jpg
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by From the Darkside.

AWAY AT MOSSLEY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10458

• TobyT2003
Thought the lads put in a decent performance today. Tom Kennedy changed the game and dictated the game once he came on and should be a class act when he's fully match fit. As much as the Mossley twitter account and their fans will argue it with me, the red card was entirely justified for me. A draw was a fair result in my eyes, and we keep the momentum going into tuesday, provided we don't make wholesale changes. Keep the faith mon the rams!

AWAY AT MOSSLEY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10459

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 133
I agree we certainly deserved the point. I can't comment on the sending off though as I didn't see it - I was tweeting the team sheet which hadn't tweeted from my phone earlier :oops:

Getting the negative out of the way first: there was too much hoofing the ball upfield and hoping. We're better than that! Now the positive: I can't fault the effort today and that's the main thing I want to see - maximum effort from all players. And if we get a win, even better! I thought Ryan Ellison had a particularly good game today, winning headers, getting stuck in and generally making a nuisance of himself getting the ball when the opposition wasn't expecting it. And there were some really exciting moments of Wiz at full speed - as fast and impressive as ever. :cheer:
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Little Katie.

AWAY AT MOSSLEY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10460

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 184
I would have happily taken a point before the game,but after playing against 10 men for the majority of the match that has to go down as two points dropped. The bench didn't react tactically to the sending off and we just continued launching ball after ball to the lone Lee Gaskell up front rather than trying to stretch Mossley. It wasn't until the introduction of Tom Kennedy that we actually started to play any football. As Toby says, Tom totally dominated the play and we actually started to produce some intelligent football once he was introduced.

Backing up Little Katies praise of Ryan Ellison, I thought that was, by far, his best performance in a Rammy shirt and a nailed on MOM in my opinion. Excellent stuff, Ryan

As for the sending off, I felt it was a little harsh and maybe a yellow card at worst. I'm sure the Mossley supporters are upset about it, but f*** 'em. A large number of them, from the very young to those more than old enough to know better, showed that there's a hell of a lot of inbreeding in them thar hills. :woohoo:
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds